Chapter Eighty-three 83

"Will you respect me and see me the way you do again if I told you I'm the reason.......... your sister's gone", she said whilst her chest was pounding.

"Well yes because I already know", he said after a long time of silence.

"How? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I know you'll be very surprised but Michelle told me everything when she thought I liked you".

"So will you lock me up?"

"Islam, I knew this for a very long time but didn't care because I trust you and will always believe in you".

At that point, she felt like hugging him but couldn't then tears rolled over her cheeks. She quickly wiped it off with the hemline of her sleeves. "Do you think anyone's gonna believe me, actually it's a hit and run offense and can't be a misdemeanor especially now that I've been hiding it".

"You don't have to worry".

"Thanks for being a great friend", she said then unfastened the seatbelts and got down.

"Good night bride to be", he said then she smiled and waved at him then left to her apartment.

She was very exhausted then prayed and picked her book to write about chapter two which she dedicated to Ali but in her heart.

She walked to the kitchen and made herself a masala chai with milk, ginger and cardamom because she was not hungry.

A message from Usman popped in her screen;

"Good night love😘❤️".

"Sleep tight 🖐️"

After that, she read Suratul Mulk and Ayatul Qursiyyu before going to bed.

                            *

                           ~Monday ~   

"One, two, three, spin", said Firdausi while she danced alone at the hall.

They were practising their promenade dance at the hall as but she wasn't interested even after being proposed by so many boys.

The dance was sacrosanct and every student must participate.

It was going to happen at the end of the year dinner they usually do.

"Firdausi, why don't you dance with Charles since you both don't have partners", said Mrs Smith their Social Studies teacher who was in charge of the preparation and a good dancer.

She was flustered and had no choice but to agree because she was nagging her.

"Ku lo sa" by Oxlade was played but it was conveyed through the musical instruments and not totally music but soft sounds.

She curtseyed then they started dancing with his hands on her sides and hers on his shoulder though, they were wearing uniform and not dresses or tailored suits.

It has British-African rhythm while they danced because some steps were like the Nigerian dances while others were like formal balls.

"Hi", he mentioned while she looked away.

"Yeah hi", she retorted as he spinned her.

"How are you doing?"

"Good".

They kept mute for the rest of the time and went for a break.

"Well I can't believe we'd finally graduate to freshman year", said Fatima as they walked to the cafeteria.