Chapter Seventy-seven 77

She reclined on the swivel chair scribbling poems and humming like a nightingale then a knock intervened, it was the boss__Ali.

"Let's dine out after work with any of your friends?" He said but in a bosy tone.

"Umm are you asking or commanding but as you wish", she said and continued her previous task.

                       **

Later in the afternoon, they went to Little Italy Restaurant in Kaduna to have lunch with Safia as the chaperone.

They ordered shawarma and fruit juice to top it. Ali was going to pay for everything even though he wasn't eating anything but sipping his sugar free tea because he was observing a strict vegan diet for his health.

"Do you like the place, if you don't tell me we can leave", he asked and suggested.

She shook her head and said, "I like it, don't worry".

Safia chuckled at them then said, "Excuse me". 

She then went somewhere close to the counter leaving both of them and answering a call.

"How are you doing with Usman?" He asked then looked embarrassed.

"Cool, we still haven't get the time to chatter and you know", she said informally.

"Um I just want us to go out".

She choked at what he said while he quickly gave her water with his hands from the mug beside him.

"I mean I want us to go to the polo ranch these weekend because there's a competition, and I want you to be there even though it's a brotherhood thing".

"That's not a problem as long as you'll be a good boy and stop yelling at me like your younger sister", she jested while he chuckled.

"Im back", said Safia then the conversation ended and there was silence for the rest of the time.

                        **

Firdausi and Michelle were at the supermarket shopping along the aisle of the large shelves of foodstuffs. They planned lunch which was just both of them at Michelle's house.

She hurried to the side were veggies were kept to carry the packaged broccoli which was transported from Jos because it was one of her favorite vegetable. She always asked Ummita's mother to bring some of them for her when she was visiting in the past.

Just then she heard someone giggling behind her and it was awkward and unethical then looked through her shoulder to see the person but was astounded.

It was a boy in kaftan, an acquainted boy with a girl who was pushing the shopping basket and giggling.

She was in the verge of tearing up when she knew it was Umar and not Nadia but a prettier girl.

"Firdausi", he said while smiling.

She glared at the girl and looked away, "Hi".