Chapter Eighty-five 85

"How comes you came back very early?" Asked she after sipping the drink through a straw at the canteen

"I'm coming from South Africa because I went there for an audition", replied Michelle who wrapped her fingers around the mug.

"How did you know I'm here?"

"Well Ali said Firdausi's sick".

"I'm thankful you gave me another chance to explain myself".

"You're always special in my life. Tell me what's wrong with you ".

She was angry again then said, "I broke up with Usman".

"Why. Thought he used to be special and I like him".

"As long as Laila's there I don't think we can have peace of mind, she's just mean".

"Really, then what will you do?"

"What should I do when I know my best friend cheated on me by telling Ali our most dangerous secret".

"I'm sorry I told you it was when we weren't together but now we're.

No matter what we're inseparable and will love each other forever".

She stroked her fingers then entangled it with hers and said, "Yes we are friends for life".

They hugged each other tightly again. They were like the moon and star.

                        **
Firdausi lay alone on the hospital bed that morning and flipping the pages of her yearbook and giggling at the write-ups of her classmates and pictures of their sign out on uniforms.

She felt sorry for herself feeling she might not attend graduation but Islam has been trying to convince her that she would be alright because there was still time.

Someone knocked at the door, "Salamualaikum", said Islam who walked in with Michelle.

"Mich."

"Hey Firdo", she retorted then kissed her forehead. "How are you feeling now".

"Normal after seeing you. Did you come here for me?"

"Yyyyyess. I did you know I missed you".

"I miss you more".

"Excuse me", said Islam who walked out and was walking across the hallways.

"Hey Islam", barged Usman who grabbed her bag but she withdrew. "What do you want? Can you stop texting me because I don't like it you're giving me gray hair".

"Islam there's nothing between Laila and I. She's just my cousin I swear to Allah".

"I need to go to work".

"Please Islam why are you doing this".

"What do I do when I'm your sister's killer Usman".

"Bye", she said then walked away.

She drove to the book company and to her office then tossed her purse and reclined on the swivel chair still thinking of Usman and the Nagogos.

She wondered what it will be like when the truth is disclosed then excruciated pains and blurriness.

"Tea", said a high pitched voice then she looked up and saw Constance.

"Connie", she said.

"So long time no talk. You're too busy right? I just dropped by to say hi".

"That's very nice of you Constance".

"Bye and make sure you don't stress yourself coz you look pale".