Chapter Ninety 90

~Day 7~
The courtroom was stygian as usual while everyone took their seats.

Islam was speechless while Zubayda was trying her best to brighten her.

The grand jury were all seated as well as the counselor, the bailiff and the audience waiting for the arrival of the judge.

He finally arrived while the court rose to standing then sat and everywhere was quiet.

The plaintiffs' lawyer began by asking her questions about the accident scenario.

"I called for an ambulance".

"Then why didn't you wait?"

"Because, because I was going to do something at home".

"Okay, what's that thing that is very important?"

"Objection my lord", called out Barrister Zubayda. "Barrister Habib is getting out of what we're discussing".

"Objection overruled", said the judge then barrister Habib went on.

After questioning her, barrister Habib took his seat while the jury were discussing among themselves.

It was time for Zubayda, she stood up confidently then began, "My lord, I would like to tell the court something I recently found.

My client's victim was said to have died from haemorrhage but her medical reports are yet to be seen.

I have a feeling that my client's victim must have died from the doctor's carelessness or something".

"What are you trying to say?" Asked the judge in his low-pitched voice.

"Ms Sadia Jamal passed away on twenty-third April last year but their is something fishy about this. I'll like to speak with someone who witnessed it".

"The court approves you to do so".

"Okay, I'll like to speak with Mr Ali Nagogo, her older brother".

Then Ali stood at the witness box for interrogation.

"What did you noticed when you saw your sister?"

"Well, she was pale and her lips were bluish".

"Majority of poisonous substance cause these symptoms, Ms Sadia Jamal might have died from slow poisoning and that's why I need the court's permission to speak with the family doctor".

"Objection my lord, barrister Zubayda is creating a new story out of it".

"Objection overruled.

Barrister Zubayda the court warrants you to speak with the family doctor".

Ali then left for his seat while Khadija was befuddled and curious at the same time.

"Dr. Mukhtar Nasir, please if you're present in this place I'll like to speak with you".

Then he walked out of the crowd in kaftan and cap. She gave him way to stand in the witness box and the interrogation began.

"Dr. Mukhtar, the court will like you to explain the death of Ms Sadia Nagogo".

"Well my name is Mukhtar Nasir and the family doctor of the Nagogo family right from when they were little. I'm dedicated to my job and will never lie to them".

"We want to know about her death and not about you Dr. Mukhtar".

"Okay, she died of haemorrhage".

"But the Mr Ali said he noticed her lips were turning blue, can you explain the reason?"