Part 2: Chapter 11

Ali was looking absolutely stunning in his brown suit with suede monk strap, emanating perfection and professionalism as he sat at his desk. His office exuded an air of sophistication and success, boasting a spacious room with floor-to-ceiling windows that offered a panoramic view of the city. The large, polished desk positioned in the center, adorned with elegant accessories like his sleek laptop, high-end pen set, and personalized nameplate, added a touch of class. The walls, decorated with framed achievements, truly showcased his impressive accomplishments.

He truly embodied the image of a workaholic that many aspire to be. Currently, he was engrossed in crafting a speech for the conference meeting with foreign investors for his restaurant business. The fact that he's planning to expand to a third location in Lagos, alongside the existing ones in Kaduna and Abuja, speaks volumes about his ambition and vision for growth.

"Excuse me sir," said his PA, Steve, who was professionally clad in a suit as well. "Ms. Islam wants to meet you."

"Let her in," he bellowed with a nod, still engrossed in the write-up but eventually raised his head to look at her. She was dressed in high-waisted jeans with a basic tee, elegantly layered with a brown kimono. Her attire exuded decency and style.

"Afternoon," she greeted.

"Afternoon," he replied, gesturing for her to take a seat in the visitor's chair. She sat down and crossed her legs.

"Well," he said, forcing a smile and waiting for her to speak.

"I am not intruding or poking my nose in your affair. I just thought about giving a piece of advice about making the polo match a fundraiser," she said.

"What!" He exclaimed, a bit befuddled.

"Yes, that would be a great thing and a blessing to the country club. There are a lot of less privileged people in need of shelter, clothing, and food. Some haven't eaten for a long time, and the children, with their big heads and pot bellies, suffering from irritating skin diseases. This would benefit both the club and society. I just hope you find this well," she said coaxingly.

He pondered for a moment, looking to his right while thinking before coming to a conclusion, "I'll do something about it. That was actually a great piece of advice. Thank you."

"You're welcome," she said with a satisfying smile. She was comprehensively and ultimately trying her best to bridge the gap between the poor and the rich.

He then glanced at his watch before looking back at his laptop and heaved a sigh.

"I can see that you're very busy, and it's time to pick up Sabrina. I'll help. Yasin's also in her school," she requested.

"That's very kind of you. I hope I'm able to pay you for all of this."

"That's not a problem," she said before packing to leave.

**

"Yasin!" She yelled at him as he was completely focused on playing football with his friends. He jogged to her and tossed his bag into the back seat before realizing that Sabrina was in the front seat, then asked, "Why is she coming with us?"

"Because her dad is busy. Get into the car and let's go, Yasin," she quarreled, while he waved her off and sat in the back, picking up his iPad to continue from where he stopped.

As they drove through the lane, the car was getting hotter and tensed. She turned on the air conditioner. Sabrina reclined on the seat, taking in the cityscape of Kaduna, lost in her thoughts. She was so adorable to look at.