Chapter Eighty-seven 87

Raqiya had just returned home from the market then took off her shoes and went straight to the kitchen where Safeera was frying akara on the cooker.

She picked three balls of the crispy akara and began munching then said in between the akara, "I can't believe some people still have time to eat after Sadia's murderer has been disclosed".

Akara/beans cake

"Aunty we have to eat because food is important".

"That's why you're just getting fatter. Where is Khadija? I can't believe she came back all the way from Dubai and for her honeymoon just to fight her".

"We all know what she's capable of doing. She went out with yaya Zayyad".

"Did she tell you".

She shook her head while packing the fried ones.

"Let her do what she wants", barracked Kaka Hadiza who was holding a newspaper with a cup of oolong tea.

"I don't get it", she said then went upstairs.

"Aren't you through Safeena?"

"It's Safeera", she corrected and was fed up with the old lady's senility and dementia.

"Whatever", she said then left for the sitting room.

                         **
"I don't understand all of these, I need my lawyer", said Islam who was befuddled with the lawyer's questions.

"Just admit It you killed my sister and in the shari'a court it's a life for a life", said Khadija.

"It's okay, I'm here. You can't just force my client to sign a document for accepting it", intruded Barr. Zubayda who was dressed in white and black tuxedo.

"Who the hell are you moreover I'm also a lawyer", said Khadija.

"I'm the accused lawyer so can you give us some time?"

She hissed then left while the lawyer followed but Zayyad was very sorry for her.

"What will happen Zubayda?"

"What they're saying is the truth, if you hadn't been delinquent then these whole thing wouldn't have happened".

"So are you blaming me it's my fault?" She stamped her hand on the desk.

"No calm down Islam, but if you don't want to be in jail then what if we say it's the doctor's fault that she died and not yours?"

"You mean let's cook up a story".

                           **
There was a knock at the door, "Come in", said Ali who was taking some rest at the hospital because he's been sick for the past days and was having high blood pressure with diabetes.

It was due to overthinking and different sort of tension about his sister's death.

Doctor Mukhtar came in with his insulin which he injects into his body.

"How are you doing now?"

"Alhamdulillah, I feel better and please even though aunty Raqiya asked about me, just tell her I'm fine because she's a worrywart".

"That's not a problem. So your sister's murderer has been found?"

"Yes but I don't think it's her?"

"Why moreover she admitted it".

"Yes but I feel like there is a twist of fate".

"Okay you should rest".

He picked the remote control and turned on the TV then to Nat.Geo.Wild 
Where different kinds of wildlife were displayed.

It was about the lifestyle of polar bears whom lived in snowy hillsides with valleys. They were as white as snow and from arctic circle which was known for extreme cold and icy landscape.

He was fond of the channel and the best of all channels to him.

Just then he picked his phone and scrolled to Sadia's pictures of her graduation from elementary school which was nostalgic and made him missed her alot.

He kept swiping left then arrived at her graduation pictures from highschool, she resembled their dad alot but was very little when he died.

Her untimely death was heart touching then he prayed for her to stay in peace in her grave.

He swiped to where he arrived at Islam's picture where she was at the seaside with Michelle with big smiles on their pretty faces then couldn't do anything.

What will he do if the woman he's starting to love is the reason for his family's drastic changes.

He tossed the phone and watched TV which was about lions, cubs and zebras were displayed and how a hunter hunts it prey.

                           **
Firdausi has been starving for thirty hours and her lips were getting chapped.

She had a dream of her mom's delicious and aromatic food but wasn't real.

Apparently, she was tied to a stone and couldn't untie herself.

The gangster's all went out to somewhere else leaving her all by herself with her eyes blindfolded she could sense it with her ears.

She was very scared to even shout because the place was dark and gloomy.

Just then someone untied the thing stopping her from seeing.

It was a tattered lady with dirty hair and torn clothing and sacred stones around her neck and left arm. She looked like a mad woman.

"Runaway", said the woman.

"My hands are tied", she lamented then she untied her with the previous night's broken glass.

She was about to run before she matched a piece which pierced through her legs but she had adrenaline rush then ran like a cheetah while dripping blood everywhere.

She kept running till she got tired then crouched to rest.

Just then she started hearing gunshots then stood up and ran faster than she thought. She arrived at the cliff which was surrounded by a river.

She looked behind her and saw her kidnappers but these time she saw the lady's face then dived without second thought.

She kept swimming as far as she could while they kept firing bullets into the water but one of them pierced her right arm which made it hard for her to swim then started drowning.

Her family's image appeared in her head which made her smile as she started to sink in the water then everything turned dark and gloomy.