Chapter forty~three 43

Islam was nervous and dreadful because Usman was taking her to Aunty Sa'adatu in Lekki Phase 1 at The Yacht Hotel.

She pictured the place to be kind of luxurious and picturesque and it was like that. It was stunning and beautiful.

She wore an impeccable brown crepe gown which was lighter than her skin and a scarf Usman bought for her at boutique.

Aunty Sa'adatu was Raqiya's half-sister who stayed in Lagos because she ran a cosmetic company there. She was wealthy and compassionate as Usman mentioned.

As they walked down the dock to the yacht which was in water, she couldn't help but started busting her knuckles anxiously while the svelte lady in tanned maxi dress beamed at her with her little eyes. She was very tall to the extent she had to bend a little while hugging her. She smelled like rosewater which was delicate and romantic evoking beauty and love.

"So you're Islam", she said while caressing her and glancing at Usman.

"Salamualaikum", she greeted her slightly curtseying while she replied and held her hands walking her to the yacht which was flawless and gigantic.

"My chef made omelette, fruit salad and sandwich for us. He's an expert in this field", she appraised while the steward served food on the counter. He was dressed formally in suit and was stern.

"Thank you", mentioned Islam after he poured her a glass of grapefruit juice then she sipped it.

"Usman has been talking about you a lot, and that's why I asked for you," she said while munching on the omelette.

"Stop embarrassing me, Aunt," he said, looking flustered and embarrassed, while she smiled.

"That's the truth," added Sa'adatu. "So why are you here?"

"I'm looking for my dad, but I've found him," she said nervously.

"Yeah, so that's why this mommy's boy followed you."

"C'mon, Aunt. Did you plan all of this to embarrass me?" complained Usman, childishly pouting his lips, while she giggled softly.

After they finished eating, Sa'adatu asked them to go outside and get some fresh air. The view of the waterfront was scenic, with boats passing by. And the city skyline made it even more picturesque. Lagos is just wonderful!

The breeze touched her cheeks, making them cool and sending shivers down her spine, making her dress vulnerable.

Just then, a boat passed by, blasting Ayra Starr's "Beggie Beggie." Aunt Sa'adatu started dancing slowly, following the rhythm, and then she pulled Usman in because it turned into a ballroom dance, and they were both good at it.

She chuckled while watching them and admired their mutual connection. They stopped dancing after the boat left, and Usman went to bring drinks and pizza for all of them.

The ambiance was getting stuffy with just her and Aunt Sa'adatu watching the crescent moon and the constellation of diamond stars.

"He loves you so much," Aunt Sa'adatu said, breaking the silence. She looked at her and noticed the resemblance between her and Raqiya. She mentioned that Raqiya was prettier, but they were all beautiful women to Islam even though, Sa'adatu was older.

Aunt Sa'adatu gave her some advice, saying, "Don't break his heart, because he doesn't deserve it. I've never seen him fall in love after he broke up with Faynan." As she spoke, their hands became entangled.

And just like that, Usman arrived with a tray in his hands. He handed her a glass chalice of the drink and Aunt Sa'adatu walked away, leaving Usman and her to spend some quality time together.