Chapter Ninety-three 93

"Make sure you don't stay long dear", advised Zaynab.

Firdausi was preparing to go to take a look at her college which was three hours and was driving thru with Mubarak. She wanted to know more about the place before her admission letter is ready.

She picked her lemonade oversized shirt and a big sea blue jeans with an off-white scarf for the drive.

She darted to the kitchen to pack food because she knew Mubarak was a foodie.

He helped her in packing the stuffs to the boot. "Are we just going to Abuja or traveling abroad?"

"We have to be set cousin", she explained while he kept the stuffs in his ebony sport utility vehicle.

"Make sure you drive carefully", added Zaynab.

"Sure aunt", he said then climbed into the driver's seat while she climbed into the passenger's then the journey began.

"What do you think life in Uni. looks like?" She asked after sticking some Snickers bar in her mouth.

"Like highschool but in a modified way", he replied and shrugged.

"Hmm, so there are bullies but in a modified way, thieves....."

"Stop right there!"

"Yea".

"You're unbelievable.

So have you finally made up with her?"

She looked serious then said, "I don't have a damn choice cousin".

"No, you have. You're a good person whether you believe me or not, you're the best".

"Thanks.

So when are you going to Adamawa?"

"Well anytime from now. But my little cousin is my priority".

"Yeah, it always me", she bragged while he scornfully upturned his lips.

The drive was way too long that she started to sleep in the car with her bear by her side.

                               **
"We're here", said Mubarak who woke her up from sleep then she stared at the gate which has Baze University Abuja boldly written for everyone to see.

They were allowed to drive in by the permission of the security men while she kept looking at the massive buildings with different camps and students walking up and down but not in uniform

Highschool was nostalgic and lovely.

They finally parked their car at the school's car park then a boy arrived.

He was wearing striped shirt with Bermuda shorts and trainers. "Hey bro." He said and fist bumped Mubarak.

"This is Sa'id", said Mubarak to Firdausi.