Chapter Eighty-nine 89

Ali sat with everyone for a sacrosanct meeting at the living room.

"I'm sorry but we can't agree to your opinion. Why should we help them by giving them her medical reports", whined Khadija.

"Yes I won't let this happen Ali", added Kaka.

"Me neither", said Raqiya.

"I wasn't even going to tell you but I just want to stop keeping secrets and I need your approval".

"If everyone disagrees, I don't think you should do it", said the lawyer.

"I disagree because she made me sisterless", said Khadija then set forth and everyone departed one after the other leaving him alone.

He got devastated then went to the basketball court where they played together in the backyard. He was wearing trousers and long-sleeved shirt then rolled up his sleeves and started bouncing the ball and dunking it in the hoop.

The thought of Islam encompassed him and making it unable to think. They were hazy thoughts.

Just then someone took control of the ball and dunked it. "You're still not playing well", said Usman who was bouncing the ball.

"Why don't you agree for her sake?"

"Why should I agree, moreover she killed my little sister".

"You need to give her a final chance to prove that she's right Usmani".

"Stop calling me Usmani", he said while they stopped playing and sat on the bench.

"Don't you wanna know who really murdered her can't we just, can't we just give her a second chance Usman".

"I miss Ummi and Abba", he said then hugged him tightly savouring their bromance.

                                **
As early as seven o'clock Am in the morning, the three of them drove to the hospital for her reports but doctor Mukhtar wasn't around.

They were walking across the hallways before they met a lady in white scrubs which was the nurses' uniform stopped by.

"Before you leave, I need to tell you something".

"What's it?" Asked Zubayda.

"You should ask nurse Hafifa Salman, she was in charge of everything and was sacked immediately after her death then never showed her face".

"Could you help us with her address?"

"Sure", she said then passed them the information while Usman gave her a wad of 500 Naira notes as a reward then left.

                          **
Firdausi woke up from sleep then looked around the empty room. "Dada, Amina, where's everyone", she called out but there wasn't answer.

She used all her might to get up for water because she was very thirsty. She was always on bed and served like a queen.

She walked out of the hut where she met a young man milking a cow.

"Excuse me, where can I get water?"

"My name is Buba and there's water in that pot", he pointed an earthenware pot then she fetched and drank it, it was very cool and sweet.

"Dada has gone to the market, Amina and Jummai went to fetch water in the river".

"Okay", she huffed then sat on the big clay stone and watched him milked the cow.

"Dada said you and Garga saved my life I'm thankful".

"Not a problem, where are you coming from?"

"From the city, I was kidnapped then came here".