Part 2: Chapter 19

"We've got the blueprints in front of us, ready for your final approval and your signature on the contract. Once that's done, we can kickstart the construction process," Zara confidently explained, offering Firdausi the pen with a smile.

Firdausi took a moment to carefully peruse the document, which happened to be a government contract for the construction of a prestigious college within the heart of Kaduna State, far away from the outskirts.

After Khalid had whisked Zaynab away to Abuja, he sat down with Firdausi and painted a vivid picture of why she had to step up as the CEO in his absence. It all boiled down to her being the heiress to the legacy of Hadeja's remarkable success.

At present, Firdausi was at the helm of Khalid's multifaceted enterprise, which encompassed borehole drilling, solar panel installations, and construction projects, all concentrated in the bustling city of Kaduna. Out of all the ventures, this one proved to be the most demanding, yet Firdausi managed to master it all within a mere two weeks.

Her responsibilities ranged from meticulously reviewing architectural blueprints to engaging with investors, clients, and the brilliant engineers who formed the backbone of Sundrill Constructions, Khalid's most prized creation. The company specialized in drilling boreholes to provide essential water supply, harnessing the power of the sun through solar panels for sustainable energy, and constructing awe-inspiring buildings. It was a venture that stood head and shoulders above the sardine company based in Kano, which is precisely why Khalid entrusted Firdausi with its care.

It's amazing how everyone is singing her praises, saying she's the spitting image of Khalid, and it's absolutely true. She already knew how similar everything was between her and Khalid - the long nose with a slight arch, thick eyebrows, fiery ebony eyes, and even his birthmark on the left cheek. She's undeniably a replica of him, just like Islam is with Zaynab.

She looked around the meeting and glanced at her watch again. It was eight p.m. sharp, and it was supposed to end in twenty minutes. She wanted to adjourn the meeting, but it kept popping up in her schedule.

She didn't sleep last night because she was working closely with Umar and Paige. Paige came up with the idea after she shared what Habib did to her. Paige asked her to use her power as the acting CEO and make him pay, but she wanted to keep the company's reputation intact, and she wasn't officially the CEO yet.

She also made sure to keep her hands clean financially because she didn't want anything like bankruptcy or the company crashing. She was just playing the role of a good daughter for her family.

What Habib did to her was her business, and she promised to make him pay. Umar, the lawyer, knew what he was doing to make Habib pay without involving security.

She headed back to her office after the meeting and answered a few calls from foreign investors who were eager to meet her.

Zara, she had that special something, that charisma that drew everyone's attention. People were interested in working with her not only because she was beautiful and well-mannered but also because she had mastered the business. She was not just a personal assistant but also a guardian to those around her.

Despite being a vibrant woman with four kids, she was dedicated to her job at Hadeja builders for over ten years. She managed to balance her personal and professional life with grace and determination.

Even as the acting CEO, she didn't abandon her tomboyish fashion sense. Instead, she elevated it to new heights of style. Clad in a brown cape blazer, deep red turtleneck sweater, and faded jeans that exuded elegance, she played around with various colors to find the perfect combination.