Part 2: Chapter 18

Totally Football ⚽
Yasin's big day had finally arrived. The young boy, with a burning passion for football, had meticulously prepared for this moment. He made sure everything was in order and even ate lightly to avoid feeling heavy on the field. His navy blue jersey proudly displayed his name, "Khalid," with the number eleven.

As Yasin prepared to leave, he informed Islam, who was busy mixing cupcake batter in the kitchen. She wished him good luck, saying, "Allah ya bada sa'a," to which Yasin replied with a heartfelt "Ameen." He then headed towards the school bus, which would pick up all the players on the team.

Islam understood the significance of this day for Yasin. He was like a football messiah, and the first of October held a special place in his heart. It was an annual event that she vowed never to let pass unnoticed.

She made sure everything was going smoothly, taking charge of the household while Zaynab and Khalid were in Abuja for her treatment. They kept in touch through occasional calls and FaceTime, which brought her comfort as she saw Zaynab's improving health.

After finishing frying the doughnuts and meatpies, she carefully placed the cake batter on parchment paper and placed it in the oven. Just as she was busy in the kitchen, Firdausi entered the room, looking spectacular in a navy blue jersey and baggy off-white cargo pants, with her scarf elegantly wrapped. Firdausi had adorned herself with Yasin's jersey, painting her cheeks with his jersey color and number. Her hands were full, carrying a bento box.

"Salamualaikum," Firdausi greeted, bringing a smile to Islam's face. "Wa alaikumusalam. Yaay, the cake is here!" Islam exclaimed, opening the box to reveal a bento cake adorned with a football design. It had 'GO YASIN' written in black and white, making it look fancy.

Firdausi asked, "You haven't gotten dressed yet?" to which Islam replied, "I will. Can you check on the cake for me while I go?" Firdausi agreed, and Islam went upstairs to change into her navy blue jersey, beige palazzo pants, and hijab. She looked both modest and stylish in her outfit, painting her cheeks with Yasin's number and jersey color.

This was Islam's first time taking charge of preparing everything for the match, as Zaynab used to handle it all. She wanted everything to be perfect to impress Yasin. With her dedication and attention to detail, she hoped to create a memorable experience for him.

"Yo, Islam! Are you rocking all the gear?" Firdausi hollered from downstairs as she swiftly snatched her brown leather bag and grabbed the banners and her hat before making her way down the flight of stairs.

"Today's gonna be the bomb for Yasin, man!" Islam exclaimed with a wide grin, while Firdausi chuckled in agreement. They hopped into the Mercedes Benz, embarking on their journey to Dreamweaver School, where Harmony Hills was about to face off in a fierce competition. Yasin, being one of the top players, was representing Harmony Hills and everyone had high hopes for him.

They had prepared all the food, neatly packaged and ready to be handed out to the other students, along with the banners proudly displaying Yasin's number. The excitement was palpable, and Yasin was so pumped up that he wanted to skip breakfast altogether.

Dreamweaver School was a massive institution, with towering buildings and a sprawling field that was just perfect for a football match. As they arrived, parents were already filling up the bleachers, eagerly awaiting the start of the game. Islam wasted no time in sharing Yasin's jersey and banners with the enthusiastic crowd, adding to the electric atmosphere.

With just one minute left on the clock, Islam quickly dialed Zaynab's number and placed her phone on the stand. Zaynab, confined to her hospital bed, would be able to watch the match from the comfort of her room, with Khalid by her side, cheering Yasin on.