Chapter 26: Home

Misha

I couldn't stand it any longer, why the fuck has Vincent not contacted me? Does he have any idea his daughter might be dead right now? I couldn't hold it any longer I had to call Rune.

My blood boiled as the line rang and no answer until, "Hey Mish what's up?" I could feel Runes smile through the phone, I rolled my eyes "Nothing just checking in barely saw you at my party" I said.

"Oh yeah...Blair ran off and I had to track her down, Dad said not to worry but she hasn't been answering my calls or text..."

Okay, What are you up to Vincent? telling your son not to worry about his little sister missing? Something's not right...

"Oh, everything okay?" I gulp sitting up from my seat and heading toward Vivian's office, "Not really, I'm in New York right now Dad made me take care of his security team for now" Of course, that leads to my theory, Rune has no idea what Vincent is doing.

Yet he's running over as CEO for him, Nothing is adding up.

"Oh okay...hey I'll talk to you later I have a meeting in a few minutes" "Alright bye Mish!" Without hesitation, I hung up the phone and walked into Vivian's office, "Vivian-" "Nothing" She cut me off, "How did you know-" "You've been asking me for the two thousand times this week"  

A growl grumbles from my throat, "He's planning something I just know it" I say sitting down on the seat across from her, "He is, why else hasn't he come looking for his little girl yet?" I roll my eyes feeling my blood pressure rise.

I arch a brow and glare Vivian in the eyes, "What now?" She sighed. I smirk and bite the bottom of my lip.

Blair

Nevan left for some 'business' leaving Winter and me alone, turns out we have a lot in common, Somehow I felt like she kept listening to all my problems and gave me responses by whining or giving me her paw. (Or maybe she just wants me to stop)

I sighed and laid in bed while she laid beside me, her head on my stomach while I rubbed her paw, Suddenly her head snapped up, her ears up, and looked alert, I instantly sat up.

I know for a fact once a dog is alerted you should be too, I felt my heart pounding in my ear as I slowly got up, what if it's Vincent? what if he tries to hurt me?

No, my dad wouldn't hurt me!
He killed his best friend you really think he wouldn't hurt you?

He's my father!
And he was his

I paced behind Winter as she guarded my tiny human self, I had nowhere to go, I could jump out the window. You fucking dumbass It'll end up breaking my legs and he'll end up catching you.

Then suddenly the sound of the doorknob twisting in slow motion and Winter barking and growling aggressively makes me jump.

I snatch the lap from the bedside and gripped it tighter than I've probably ever had. then the door opens...

"What-" Before I could even think I throw the lamp onto the tall person before they could even finish their sentence, "Are you doing..." Misha catches the lamp and arches a brow.

Winter stops growling and runs up to him, her little tiny but wagging as he came closer to me, my breath studied as his body heat hugged me together, "I thought...I thought it was Vincent"

Then it processed, I was afraid of my own father. afraid he would hurt me or...maybe even kill me...

"Well...it's me so your fine," he said sounding harsher than usal, who am I kidding? Misha is always in a mood.

"Get dressed, then meet me outside"
"What where are we going?"
"Get. Dressed. Then. Meet. Me. Outside" he said every word firmer with a scowl on his face, before I could respond he had already turned around and walked out the bedroom door.

After I changed into my old clothes I did as he said, met him outside, and stepped inside his truck, he didn't speak a word as we drove out the woods.

I could feel his anger boiling inside him she gripped the steering wheel to the point his knuckles were white, I wanted to ask him where we were going but I decided to be smart and keep quiet, even tho I enjoyed pissing him off.

I've never seen him this mad, I could hear his breaths get heavier by the minute after what felt like centuries of silence I realized where we were.

He turns two the left, "Wait" I gasp looking around, an opened gate, my gate, dads gate, Vincent's fucking gate. 

I felt my heart pounding in my chest, my eyes exploding from the view, "Your home" He said as we entered. He then suddenly stops the car and unlocks my door "Goodbye Blair" he doesn't smile nor does he look mad. Any more.