Chapter 17: News

Misha

July came back like hours then days, while I sat in my office Vivian reviewing the information she had found out about Vincent Kenji interrupted, "Boss it's July!" He cheered bursting in, Vivian rolled her eyes and glared me in the eyes as a warning to fire this fucker.

"So what?"
"So what?!" He placed a hand over his chest, and I rolled my eyes knowing what he means, "I'm so fucking ready for TR" "It's not happening" I quickly responded, "Why not?" Vivian arched a brow, I glance up at her while reviewing files.

Not surprised she wants this party to happen, "It's been a few weeks and I haven't partied since I was nineteen I need a break" I lean back on my chair and fold my arms across my chest, Kenji arches a brow at me then starts making the puppy eyes.

"I'm busy with work I won't be attending"
"It's your party!" They both say at once, then glance at each other in disgust, "You may have fun I have shit left to do after..." I cut myself off and continue doing my work, aka reviewing these goddamn files.

"Nope as your assistant you're throwing the party and your joining!" Vivian collected her files back and tugged them into her folder, "Your not my assistant just yet" She then arched a brow and smirked, this fucking manipulator, "Fine" I rolled my eyes.

As expected Fallon and Vivian started planning, the party is being held in fathers mansion, which is now mine, the fourth of July is one of the biggest parties I throw but I didn't feel like throwing one this year, Kenji and Vivian convinced me to and I do need a break.

DC now knows my father's death, that he had a stroke in his sleep while no one was home, no one suspected anything neither did Rune or Blair.

The only ones who know what really happened are Vivian, Fallon Mickey, and me, Don't worry Father I'll bring justice from your death, no one takes my family away from me thinking they'll get away with it.

I'm still in contact with Rune, who I'll see the fourth, I don't hate Rune, but he must have had something to do with my father's death, tho I know he wouldn't hurt me but nowadays anyone can stab you in the back.

I don't fully trust Kenji to talk about my revenge plan, he's best friends with Blair and I don't need him running his mouth.

I'll most likely cut his tongue out and go to war with his father, I don't need another fucking war at the moment.

"What if this year's TR you're the only option?" Vivian placed a hand on her waist while I sat on the couch holding a glass cup of whiskey, "No thanks" I roll my eyes leaning back on the couch and resting my arm on the couch rest.

"Have you seen yourself? You look mentally ill"
"Thank you" I gulp the whiskey down my throat, feeling the burn on my tongue and down my throat, yet it didn't bother me.

"You look like you haven't slept in days" It's true, I haven't slept in days, all I've been doing is planning events and restoring my father's businesses which are now mine.

"I haven't,"
"Exactly, you need a bitch in your bed asap" She folded her arms across her chest.
"You anonymous be waiting in your room in the dark, I'll lead the girl and throw her into your cage okay?" I let out a defeated sigh, Vivian always gets her way and I don't need another argument right now, "Fine"

Blair

I patiently waited at the front door for Rune to walk through those doors and greet us with big arms, "You think he's even coming" "Be patient Lana" I roll my eyes fisting my hands in excitement.

I haven't seen my brother in a month, it's felt like decades then a month, Lana grasps my arm once we see the front door open. Rune greets us with a large smile and surprisingly he looked older yet younger in a suit.

"Come here" He opens his arms for us, Lana and I let out a shriek and rush to his arms, practically slamming our body weight against him causing him to stumble back. "Yeah I missed you too" He wraps his arms around us picking us up from the air.

Our feet dangling from his point of view, after our reunion with Rune we help him unpack and eat dinner, "So how's Misha?" he asked.

I take a long sip of my water before answering while Lana glances back and forth between us, "Uh I don't know haven't talked to him" I nod using my fork, and twirling my noodles into a circle.

"Oh...why not?"
"Just he kinda left without saying anything" I shrug, "Yeah I guess but he left for a reason" I glance up at him, "What do you mean?"

He lets out a chuckle and Lana's eyes widen, "Blair" They both say at once, "What?" I frown confused by why they're acting so weird, "Misha left because his father had a stroke" I drop my fork onto my plate.

Causing a loud bang across the silence, "What?" How did I not know this? I don't spend time on social media nor do I care about Misha's life, oh my god, is that why he kissed me? because he needed reassurance? "Blair he passed away two weeks ago," Lana said in a muffled voice.

"I um" I gulp as they stared at me like I was some kind of stupid girl, "I'll be back"