49

Colby's POV:

Athenas serviced was just finished. We all stood next to her grave. It was just her friends. Her family didn't want to attend. Zeus had his own service for her in Olympus but said we could bury her body down here on earth.

I stood above her freshly buried grave looking down at it. "We're going to go brother.." Kevin said. "Yeah bye," I mumbled. I watched as Kevin, Reggie, Mike, and a few other people left. Leaving just the trap house members and Freya.

Sam hasn't spoken to anybody since she died. I haven't said anything till today. Katrina had to come up for a reason she was dead to the rest of them. She couldn't tell them the truth but we couldn't seem to gather the courage to speak.

I played with the bracelet she gave me at the ceremony. The little owl on it was beautiful but meaningless now. It couldn't lead me on the right path if my goddess wasn't alive.

"Hey man. We will take Katrina home so you guys can have a moment," jake said patting my shoulder. I nodded and watched as Jake, Tara, Corey, Devin, and Katrina left. Leaving me Sam and Freya.

We stood in silence just looking at her grave. I had them put a little owl at the bottom of her headstone so we would never forget how truly irreplaceable she was.

Eventually Freya left and as soon as she wasn't in sight Sam started screaming. "We could've saved her! Zeus could've saved her! She shouldn't have died! Our dreams mean nothing if she isn't here!" I looked up at my once cheerful best friend with teary eyes.

"Why won't you say anything Colby! Say fucking something!" He yelled. "There is nothing we could've done! She's gone Sam! We couldn't do anything because we didn't understand her life! We weren't apart of her world," I yelled back. He shook his head in disapproval and stormed off.

"I love you Athena," I whispered. I walked away towards my car. The one we had our first kiss in. I crawled in and put my head against the steering wheel and broke down crying. "I loved you."

I finally drove back to the house and went straight upstairs. I haven't been in my room, I've been sleeping her room. Everyday since she died I've been in her room. I couldn't sleep anywhere else. I could barely sleep in here. I needed her to get a good rest but I couldn't get one.

I kicked my shoes off and took off my jacket. I curled up in her bed and grabbed the little stuffed animal she kept on her bedside table. I smiled at the little donkey with the pink bow. I cuddled it towards my chest and closed my eyes crying into her pillows.

We decided not to move her stuff out and keep it here till we were ready. Till we actually accepted the fact she was gone and no longer in our lives. I dont think I'll ever be able to accept that. I think I'll always be in misery knowing I watched my soulmate die.

I replay the sound of her heart beat in my head all the time. That's why I like the quiet so much. I love the sound of it. It makes me feel like she's still alive till I remember.

-----
(December 25th)

I woke up and looked around my dark bedroom. I rubbed my eyes and walked downstairs. "Merry Christmas!" Everyone yelled in unison. I gave them a soft smile and walked into the kitchen. How could I celebrate Christmas without her?

"Hey man...were going to open presents," Sam said walking in. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water. "Ok and? What does that have to do with me," I snapped. "Dude. Come on. We're all still grieving and we got you presents...we all got her one too," Sam mumbled.

She would've wanted me to celebrate with my friends. Try to at least have a good time. "Ok. I'll open presents with you guys," I mumbled. Sam gave me a smile and we walked into the living room.

I sat on the couch next to Sam. "Ok so how about we give everyone the presents we bought," Katrina said standing up. "I'll go first!" Jake said. I leaned over to Sam. "I didn't buy anyone but Thea anything.." I mumbled. "It's ok man," Sam whispered back.

Jake handed us all a present and told us to open them. I looked down to see a ring box. I opened it and it was a big metal ring with a cool pattern. "Thanks man," I mumbled. Everyone went through handing out presents then it was Sam's turn. He handed everyone a present then sat down next to me.

I opened the present to a picture of me and Thea cuddling in her bed. I looked over at Sam strangely. "Kat took it the first night she got here. I thought you might like it," he mumbled.

My eyes started tearing up and I gave him a hug. "Love ya man," I whispered. "I love you to," he whispered. Kat got over her greif by putting on a happy face and acted like she was still here.

"Let's go give Thea our presents!" She yelled. Everyone gave her a sad smile and picked up presents with owl wrapping paper. Everyone trailed behind Katrina following her to athenas room. Everyone placed a gift on the dresser then left leaving Katrina alone.

I shut the door but I listened to what she was saying. I heard her take a deep breath. "I know your listening Thea. Watching us. You have to be, I can't just believe your gone. Your gonna be back, I know you will. I love you girlie. I got you a nail kit. So you can teach me how to do nails so I can do yours," she said in a broken tone.

I left from the door and had tears rolling down my face. I walked into my room and got back into bed. I grabbed her stuffed animal and put it close to my chest trying to go back to sleep.