45

Athenas POV:

I woke up to Colby's alarm blaring. It was 3 am. I sat up and wrapped Colby's blanket to cover myself. "Colby.." I muttered. I rubbed my eyes then looked next to me to see him sleeping peacefully.

I felt myself tear up unknowing if this was the last time I'd get to wake up next to him. I leaned over and kissed his cheek and took one of my hands to rub the other side of his face with my thumb. "Thea.." He groaned. I smiled against his face and pulled back.

"It's time Colby," I said in a broken voice. His eyes slowly opened to look at me. His eyes were already glossy with tears. "I have to go get ready. Wake up soon please," I whispered. I got up and put my clothes back on to leave his room.

I walked out and straight to my room. I shut the door letting out a saddened sigh. "I'm not ready," I whispered to myself. I walked into my closet to see a dress hanging up above my mirror. I smiled at its beauty. I walked over and ran my hands down the fabric.

I sat down in front of my mirror and started my make up and hair. I did a full face of makeup with light brown and gold eye shadow with a nude lip. My hair was braided into a bun and a few wavy pieces in the front. I smiled at myself trying not to cry.

I got up and took off the shirt to put the dress on. I slipped into the dress and brushed out the material of the skirt trying to make it look nice.

 I slipped into the dress and brushed out the material of the skirt trying to make it look nice

(Athenas Dress)

I walked out of my closet with bare feet. I looked at everyone who was standing in my room. Colby and Sam wore tuxedos and Kat wore a flowy red dress. They all looked at me and none of them said anything.

"What..do I look bad," I mumbled. "No you look like an actual goddess," Katrina said. They all had huge smiles on their faces. I looked down and realized they were all wearing shoes. "No no no," I said slightly laughing.

"No you really do Thea," Sam said. I looked up and laughed. "No I meant when your the guest of a ceremony your not allowed to wear shoes. Bare feet only," I said. "Um...what," Colby muttered. "It's a thing Christ made. It's supposed to help you better connect with the realm," I said.

They all gave me a confused look but took off their shoes and socks. I lifted my dress a little to show them I also had bare feet. "Ok..weird," Katrina laughed. "You guys ready," I asked. Their faces turned sad and nodded.

"Ego Athena Heros Zenida voco te Katrina Stewart, Sam Golbach, Cole Brock, meque ad Olympum. Te omnes sine ullo animi tui, corporis, animarumque detrimento, inter deos ambules, suscipias," I spoke. I looked at them to see them all giving me a weird look.

"Someone needs to be willing to burn themselves," I said. "What!" Katrina and Sam both yelled. "I'll do it," Colby muttered. He stepped closer to me so he could wrap his arm around my waist. "Come here you two," I said holding out my hands. They grabbed them and immediately started to feel the powerful heat. Colby quickly wrapped his arm around and flinched trying not to scream.

We all closed our eyes and opened them to be in Olympus. I let go of everyone but Colby kept his arm around me. We were standing in front of Christ and Zeus in middle of a huge crowd filled with gods and angels.

"Welcome," Christ said. I walked towards them standing in front of the group. "Their ready," I said with a smile. "Good. Grab Katrina and bring her over to the side," Christ said. I looked at my father and he leaned over giving me a kiss on my forehead. "I'm so proud of you my little soldier," he mumbled.

I smiled and walked over to Kat. I grabbed her hand and stepped about a foot or two to the left of Sam and Colby. "Come here child," Zeus said. Sam stepped foward towards Christ and Zeus. "Being a demonologist is a big deal. You can't run away from this commitment. You might see things that scare you but you'll have power to scare it right back. We will grant you the honor of access to the underworld and hell. Not for yourself but the demons you may discover on your way," Zeus spoke.

"We will grant you the knowledge of this gift. The knowing of our secrets you have to keep. This may feel as a burden at first but it is a gift. One of great measures," Christ continued, "Athena would you do the great honors." I looked up at him and a smile grew on my face. I looked over at Katrina who had the same smile. I stepped forward and looked at my father. He gave me a nod saying he was ok with it.

I stepped in front of Sam and gave him a smile with a nod. He returned it with a smile greater than mine. My father stepped up and handed me a bracelet with a lightening bolt charm. I took it from his hands and looked down at the mesmerizing charm. I looked up at Sam and started speaking. "Your god that will lead your way is my father Zeus. He will guide you through your journeys and when this charm lights like the lightening he strikes down, you will know your job is done and you can finally rest," I said.

"Do you accept this honor," I asked. "I accept," Sam said. His smile got even bigger as I slid the bracelet onto his wrist. I looked at Christ who stepped forward handing me a necklace with a metal cross hanging. It shined  a purple hue like I've never seen. I took the cross and turned back to Sam.

"This cross will protect you from the dangers you may discover. The worries you will have on your missions will go away. This will be your reminder to be the person you have been granted to be. Will show you no matter how much you think you aren't worth it that we have choose you from the beginning," I said. "Do you accept this gift."

"I accept," he said. His eyes filled with pride and hope. "Before you give him the cross you might want to check," Zeus said pointing at Katrina.