32

Athena POV:

I woke up and looked around to be in my room. Honestly I didn't want to deal with anybody today, not even Colby. I know I've barely seen anybody since I got home but I was just exhausted with everything that has happened.

I slowly stood up and decided I was going to work on my wall today. I grabbed the Walmart bag full of my cheap art supplies and set it on the dresser. I grabbed the cup out of the bag and walked to the bathroom filling it up with water.

I walked back into my room and set it on the dresser. I grabbed a pencil out of the cup full of them on my dresser. Then I decided I'd start sketching it out. I drew a giant mushroom on the right side of the window. I drew a slightly smaller one next to it and then 3 ones close to the same height on the left side. I drew a cloud with an alien standing on it reaching out it's hand. I drew another alien sitting on top of the biggest mushroom looking at the other.

I sketched out a few different sized flowers in the empty spaces but still left it where you can see some of the splattered paint. I walked into the closet to tie my hair into a bun then I walked back and started pouring the paint in a pallette. I also took my phone off the charger and played some music once I started painting.

I don't know how long I was painting for but nobody bothered me. They all left me alone in my room, which I was thankful for. I finished the bottom half of the mural and stood up off my floor to see the sun was setting. I put my paint brush in the water and put my pallette on the dresser. I looked at my phone to see it was around 7 pm.

I was honestly extremely hungry. I haven't eaten all day, I really haven't done anything except for paint. I put on some shorts and slid my phone in my pocket. I realized my hands were covered in paint but there wasn't any reason to wash it off due to I was just going to come back and paint some more.

I took a deep breath walking out of my room. I walked down the stairs to see Kat and Sam watching a movie on the couch. I snuck past them just to see Colby sitting in the kitchen eating a slice of left over pizza. I didn't say a word and just walked over to the fridge to see what we had.

"Hey.." he muttered behind me. I quickly grabbed something and turned around setting it on the counter. "Hey," I said shortly. "You just waking up," he asked. "No? I've been up in my room painting," I said looking up at him. "Oh, so are you lying or just so nervous you didn't realize what you grabbed," he said pointing at the container on the counter.

"Huh?" I asked. "That's Chinese food. You hate Chinese food other than Chinese donuts," he said. I looked down at the container to realize he was right. "Oh...um.." I mumbled as I grabbed the container. I turned around opening up the fridge once again. I returned the container and looked for food.

"We can go to the grocery store tomorrow," he said. "Good but that doesn't help me with my current hunger situation," I said. I shut the fridge and turned around to look at him. He was picking at his pizza before he spoke. "Here, you can eat the rest of my pizza. I've only had like a bite," he said sliding over the plate.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Yeah I have ate today. You haven't," he said. He gave me a quick smile then walked out of the kitchen. I sat up on the counter and looked over at the pizza he gave me. "Thea why are you pushing Colby away," Sam said walking into the room.

"What do you mean," I asked. "You have had a crush on that idiot for as long as I can remember and now you have the chance to be with him and instead of saying yes your breaking his heart," Sam lectured. He sat on the counter next to me and just looked for an answer. "I don't know. Honestly love scares me it's complicated and always ends with someone getting hurt," I said looking back at him.

"Katrina and I have been together for 8 years. I still love her more than anything," he said. "Yeah but that's your soulmate! Where's mine," I argued. "He's upstairs probably crying in his bedroom," Sam responded. "Shut up Sam! He's not my soulmate," I yelled. "Thea! You have that same look in your eye when you see him that I do when I see Katrina enter a room. Your in love, he's your person!" Sam yelled back.

He got off the counter and grabbed a soda. He left the kitchen without saying a word not wanting to argue. I looked down and finally realized he picked off all the pepperoni. He remembered I liked to eat it seperate from the pizza. I looked back at the fridge in front of me. He remembered all the small details. I got off the counter and grabbed the plate of pizza.

I walked past the couple on the couch and up the stairs. I walked past Colby's room to my room, but I stopped before I walked in. I walked back to Colby's room and knocked on the door. "Sam go away I don't want to talk," he groaned.

I opened the door to peak into his dark bedroom. "Would you settle for talking to me?" I asked. "Uh yeah come in," he muttered.