15

Athena's POV:

"Stop! Stop what is it doing!" I yelled in the car. I twisted the radio again and it finally turned off. I say in the drivers seat completely confused. I got out when I saw Jake coming towards the car. "How long do you think it will take to walk to the motel?" I ask him. "I don't know like 15 minutes. Why would we walk though the car is perfectly fine," Jake said holding a pizza box.

"I don't think it is perfectly fine. I was sitting in the car and it turned off and wouldn't start again. Then the radio turned on blasting music. Can you call Sam to see if he can drive you back. I think I should walk back," I said to Jake. "What do you mean. Brother I'm so lost," he said.

"I think Corey is right. You should call Sam to see if the car will work for him," I said handing him the keys. I didn't let him get another word out before I started walking off to the direction of the motel. I didn't know what to do with my life.

It's like I'm draining the energy out of everything. Why did I even agree to come on this trip? I thought it'd be fun but it wasn't. It wasn't fun at all. It's terrifying and now I'm like a ghost myself.

I was a few minutes from the hotel when I passed Sam. "Hey you ok? Jake said you just left," Sam asked. "Yeah I'm fine. The car randomly turned off and it did a bunch of weird shit. I honestly think Coreys right and if he is I don't want to be around you guys," I said sadly. "Wait why not," he asked. "I don't want to hurt you. Your my only family Sam," I said trying to hold back tears. "We're going to figure this out Thea. You don't have to go anywhere," Sam said. I gave him a small smile and continued walking back to the motel.

I took a deep breath to prepare myself for questions from the two still inside. I walked in and nobody made eye contact with me. We were all silent. I took off my jacket and sat on the bed next to Colby who was going through yesterday's footage. We were all silent for a moment before Corey broke it.

"Thea.. It's spreading again," Corey said. Instead of freaking out I got up and went to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me locking it. I saw what he was talking about. The bruise was now fully around my neck. It also had made a weird handprint shape on my shoulder. Huh? How strange..

I touched it and it felt ice cold but it hurt like a bitch. "Fuck!" I screamed. I touched the bruise on my neck and nothing. My thoughts got interrupted by someone shaking the door knob. "Thea! Thea! Open the door!" I heard Colby yell. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

The way he looked at me made me speechless. He look worried but also scared. "Thea.." He almost whispered. "Look it's fine. I honestly think Coreys right. I probably am possessed. I will just stay at the house till it's all over so I don't hurt you guys," I said moving past Colby.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards him. "No Thea. We're figuring this out. Until then your staying here. With all of us," Colby said sternly. "Colby! I'm 24! I can do what I want," I spat. He didn't respond. He just looked at me with sadness filling his face. I looked down at my feet remembering the last conversation we had. Probably the reason he never called.

8 years ago:

"Guys! You can't leave! Just wait 2 more years and I can go with you!" I pleaded. "This is our life Athena. We're going to get huge some day, and LA is the best place for that," Sam said. "Please just 2 more years. I need you guys.." I cried.

"We will keep in contact don't worry Athena, but we got to go Colby." Sam said walking out of my house. "Charming. Don't you dare leave me," I cried. He stepped closer and held my face. "We love you princess. Don't worry were not gone forever," he said.

He let go to follow Sam out the door. "Colby! I thought you loved me," I yelled. "Athena! I rejected you for a reason. I don't want a relationship," he yelled back. "Why not! We can be happy, just don't go," I begged.

"Athena! I'm 18! I can do what I want!" He yelled storming out of the house.

-----

I looked back up at Colby. His eyes met mine. I used to get lost in his piercing blue eyes. "Colby.." I whispered. "You know what your right. Your grown. Go do what you want," he said handing me my jacket. "Fine," I said. I pressed my tongue against the cheek of my mouth and stormed out of the motel taking my phone with me. I put the jacket on sliding it over my arms.

My bags were still in the car with Jake and Sam whom pulled out as I closed the door. Sam got out of car first. "Athena? Where are you going?" He asked. I went to the trunk of the car. "Open it," I demanded. He opened the trunk of the car and I grabbed my bag out. I opened my suitcase grabbing another outfit shoving it into my bag then I slammed the trunk shut.

"You going somewhere?" Sam asked again. "I don't know. Why don't you got ask your best fucking friend?" I said sternly. I guess Sam just realized the bruise that was now wrapped around my neck. "Athena the bruise.." He mumbled. "I fucking know Sam!" I yelled as I walked off.

To be honest I have no idea where I'm going. All I know is I just need to walk. I don't know where but I just need to walk far enough so I don't punch someone.