17

Colby's POV:

"Colby! I'm 24! I can do what I want!" Athena yelled. I just stared at her. I don't know if she realized what she said. Those were almost the exact same words I said to her. I felt horrible about it. After all these years I've felt horrible and what has she done. Used it against me?

She looked up at me meeting my eyes. She knew what she said but I didn't care. How could she say that to me? After not seeing me for 8 years she just wants to up and leave.

"Colby.." She whispered. "You know what your right. Your grown. Go do what you want," I said. I handed her the plaid jacket she had layed on the bed. "Fine," she said storming out.

I looked over at Corey who was just staring at me. "What!" I snapped. "Dude," he said laying back in his chair. "This is bullshit!" I yelled. I went over to the window that stared out into the parking lot.

I saw Athena go to the trunk and Sam unlocking it then following her back. Jake walked inside and put the box of pizza on the counter along with a 2 liter of sprite. "Dude. What'd you do to Athena," Jake said looking at me.

I snapped my head around to look at him. "What'd I do to her? Why is her wanting to leave automatically my fault!" I yelled at him. Jake put his hands up in defeat and opened the pizza box grabbing a slice. I sat down on the bed and just thought to myself.

"Colby. What the hell happened," Sam said barging in. "Why is it my fault!" I yelled. "Because she just told me to ask my best fucking friend why shes about to walk the main road." Sam said pointing his finger at me. "Dude! I didn't do shit!" I yelled standing up.

"Corey what happened," Sam said turning his back to me. I layed back down on the bed in defeat. I listened as Corey told Sam about our fight. I put my hands over my face and took a deep breath. I prepared myself as fast as possible for what Sam might say.

"You basically kicked her out by handing her, her jacket!" Sam yelled. "No Sam she wanted to leave I was just making sure she wouldn't freeze." I said through my hands. "Guys let's just eat some pizza and give her space. It looks like newbie needs to cool off," Jake said.

"Right, she will come back soon," Sam said sitting next to me. "Sorry for yelling," Sam muttered. I sat up and looked at him. "It's ok. I would've too if it was the other way around," I said back to him. We gave each other a soft smile. "Ew chick flick moment," Jake said.

I laughed to myself at Jake's comment. "So the plan is to sit and wait for Thea to come back? What if something happens," Corey said looking at us. "She's tough. She can handle being alone for an hour," Sam said.

We all waited around for an hour and no sign of Athena. "Ok I'm getting worried," Jake said. "I already texted her like 14 times," Corey said. "Let me call her," Sam said. He walked out of the room to call her and I started blowing up her phone.

"Guys this is all my fault. I shouldn't of told her she should leave," I said looking down at my phone. My knee was bouncing out of impaitentness. Where is she? Where's my girl?

'Athena where are you.'

'Athena come back I'm sorry.'

'Princess come on this isn't funny.'

'We're all kinda freaking out.'

I looked around the room to see everyone on their phones. "You guys texting her too?" I asked. They all nodded. I could tell they were freaked out by them not saying anything. "Guys I called her 3 times and nothing," Sam said walking in.

I stood up and grabbed the keys off the table. "You guys wait here I'm going to look for her. Any ideas?" I asked the group. The all shook their heads. "I think she said something about the house. I'll go check there," I said leaving the motel.

-----

I left the house around 6:30 and I was just driving up and down roads around the motel. It was 11:45 and still no sign of Athena. That means shes been gone for almost 8 hours. I thought to myself in silence but it soon got interrupted by a phone call from Sam.

"Hey man. I've been driving for hours and I haven't seen her."

"That's cause she's here dude! She just showed up! Come back man!"

"Wait really! She's back at the motel!"

"Yeah hurry up she's asking about you!"

"Is she ok? Like does she look upset or hurt?"

"She looks kind of shaken. How long till your back?"

"Like 10 minutes dude!"

"Okay see ya then man."

"See ya bro."

I hung up the phone and sighed with relief. A smile came across my face. She doesn't hate me. Shes back at the motel and asking about me.