21

Athena's POV:

Something in my mind told me to wake up. To sit up and open my eyes. It kept telling me to get up like it was daring me. It was almost taunting like if I didn't get up I'd be failing.

I shot my body up and I looked around to still be in the motel room. Colby was asleep next to me. Sam was on the chair facing the bed, Corey and Jake were cuddled on the couch.

All the lights were on. I looked out the window to the the sun shining but white fog covered the ground. I smiled, it reminded me of what you'd think heaven would look like.

I quickly got up and out of bed. It felt like I had slept an eternity. I ran outside leaving the door wide open. I danced around in the fog breathing in the clean scent.

It was different then yesterday. Yesterday it smelled like a normal town. Today it smelled like a fresh air candle. It was honestly beautiful to say the least.

I spun around taking in the morning sun. I looked at the sky that was pinky colors. A soft breeze rolled over and I felt at peace. Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"Thea.." Someone muttered behind me. I turned around to see Colby standing there barely awake. "Colby! Dance with me!" I said grabbing his hand. I pulled him out into the parking lot. I made him dance and spin with me. Eventually he woke up and started smiling and laughing.

I turned around and hugged him. "It's so beautiful outside," I said into his shirt. "It really is. I wonder what happened," he said back. I broke the hug and turned around and raised my arms to take in the sun that had freshly raised.

I felt Colby stare at me but I didn't care. "Let's go get the guys and take a picture!" I said running into the room. "Jake! Corey! Sam! Wake up! Let's take a picture!" I yelled. They all groaned but they stood right up when they recognized my voice.

"Athena?" Sam muttered. "We can talk about what happened later! Please before the sun fully rises!" I pleaded. They finally agreed walking outside. I led them to where I wanted to take a picture.

I saw them all whispering together with Colby. "What's wrong?" I asked confused. "We will tell you later. Let's take this picture," Colby said. They all gave me some fake smile when they walked over.

I held up my phone that was in my back pocket. I took a photo of all of us in different poses. One was smiles, one was funny, and one was cute. "Aww guys look at us," I said scrolling through the photos. "We look like shit newbie," Jake laughed. "Hey! It's my first trip with you guys. I'm going to add it to my picture collection," I said.

"We get to be on the dresser," Sam said holding his chest. We all laughed and went back inside. I sat on the bed looking at the pictures debating which one I wanted to print out.

"Can we tell her now?" Corey asked. "Tell me what?" I responded. Colby shot Corey a stare. Colby was sitting right next to me and Corey was in the chair across the room. "Umm not my choice to tell you," Corey said slumping back into his chair.

I looked over at Jake and Sam who were on the couch. They had sadness painting their face. "Guys I'm ok. I can hold a phone now without it dying," I said laughing a little. "Thea it's not that.. You um.." Colby started. "I what Colby? You guys are scaring me," I said.

"For fucks sake. Thea you still have the angel wings bruise on your back," Jake said. Everyone looked at Jake then back at me. I could feel my face drop. I didn't know what to do. Why did that have to happen? Was it a sign I was going to die?

"Am I going to die!" I yelled. Colby quickly grabbed my hand. "No Athena. Your not going to die. Maybe it's just going to stay around a little longer," Colby said looking at me. I looked down at our hands and smiled. "You got your footage sam?" I asked. "Sure did. It's going to be sick!" He said.

"Awesome! Also you guys know how I said this was my first and last trip. I want to come on the next one too," I said to the group. "That'd be sick!" Jake said. "Just don't get possessed again," Corey laughed. "I'm down as long as your 100% Thea," Sam said giving me a genuine smile. I looked over at Colby trying to find his approval.

"No. Are we just going to ignore the last 48 hours," Colby said looking around at all of us. "Charming I know it was scary but I had fun. I woke up and felt like I could live again. Doing this felt right," I said looking at him. I gave him a small smile hoping that itd change his mind.

"I'm not saying yes but we're talking about this later Thea," Colby said looking at me. He locked his eyes onto mine. I could feel myself frown a little but I nodded. He nodded back and we looked at the group. "How many more days do we got Sam?" I asked.

Mine and Colby's hands were still interlocked with each other. "We have today and 2 more days so that means 2 more nights," Sam said. "Are we going back to the house?" Colby asked. "Well we don't need to. We have plenty of footage for Reggie to make a video," Sam responded.

"I'm not fucking going back there," Corey said. "Yeah man I don't plan to be the new Thea," Jake added. "Ok so we just plan to hang out here? Unless we can find something else to do," I said. "We can take a trip to Walmart and get stuff and hang here," Sam said. "I'm in," Corey, jake, and I said all at the same time.