6

Athena's POV:

Sam told us that we were going to the conjuring house. They have already been but the fans wanted them to go back and do another overnight trip but they wanted more in depth investigations. Sam told me to watch their videos on it to see what I was getting myself into. He also said sorry for the late notice but the owners of the house are going on vacation in 2 days and said if we meet him there before he leaves we can get the keys from him.

The owners seemed to trust the boys. Maybe because they've been so respectful in the past. All I knew is I had tonight and tomorrow night to decide if I'm actually going to do this. I layed on my bed and looked at the ceiling. It's was about midnight and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't sleep. My mind just kept racing.

What if the fans hate me? What if I fuck up their investigation? What if I just do everything wrong? What if they kick me out after this?

So many what it's ran through my head. What was I supposed to do? I grabbed my phone and looked up to see if any store that sold paint was open. Walmart was open, I could get some paint and paint my walls.

I rolled out of bed I threw my unbrushed hair in a bun. I left my pj's on, purple plaid sleep pants that were way too big and a Melanie Martinez shirt that fell right above my knees. I grabbed my wallet and my phone. Then I realized I don't have car.

I snuck out of my room and to Colby's. I knocked on the door hoping he was awake. "Go away Jake. I'm not taking you to McDonald's," he groaned. I opened his door just enough to peek my head in. "Would you settle for taking me to walmart," I asked. He looked at my from his bed and smiled. "Yeah go wait by the door I'll be down in a minute," he said.

I nodded and shut his door sneaking down stairs. I stood by the door and turned on my phone flashlight. I'm not scared of the dark. Not at all. I'm scared of what's in the dark. So I always try to be in some light.

Soon enough Colby walks down the stairs. He opens the door for me and we both walk out to his car. "Omg! You haven't got rid of this thing? I remember when your mom got it for you," I said looking at the old car. "How could I get rid of it," he said. We both laughed and got into the car.

Colby and I were close in high school. So close I had a bit of a crush on him. I actually kissed him for the first time in this car. He didn't feel the same so he rejected me but I think he forgot about that.

"Remember like the week before graduation and you kissed me," he said as he pulled out of the driveway. I felt my face heat up. "Shut the fuck up. Your nickname is charming for a reason smart one," I said. I quickly turned on the radio and looked out the passenger window.

I felt him look at me a few times but I ignored it. I didn't want to relive that embarrassing moment. Not right now at least. Not here that's for sure.

We drove for about 15 minutes till we parked in front of the big Walmart building. "Do you want to come in with me," I asked finally meeting his eyes. "Yeah sure," Colby gave me a soft smile. We got out the car and started walking in. "Race ya to the carts charming," I said running towards the door. "Oh no you don't," he said running after me.

I was and inch away from the door when Colby ran up behind me and picked me up. His arms met around my waist and he picked me off the floor carrying me inside. "Let go you weirdo," I argued. "Nope not till I win," he said lugging me inside.

He finally got to the carts and he switched where his arms layed. One grabbed right under my chest and the other went behind my knees, holding me married style. He put me in the cart he chose. "Off to the paints matey," I yelled pointing in the craft direction. "Aye aye, captain," he said pushing me in the direction.

We both bursted out in laughter as he pushed me through the store. We got a few looks from other customers but we didn't care. Before we even reached the paints Colby got a phone call.

"What," I heard him ask. There was muffled talking before he said something else. "No I'm at Walmart with thea." I turned myself around in the cart to look at him. I mouthed who are you talking to. He mouthed back jake.

Colby looked at the phone to see Jake hung up abruptly. Before we could say anything or resume going to the craft section I got a phone call. It was an unknown number so I showed Colby to see if he recognized it. "Jake," he mumbled. I laughed and picked up the phone laying down in the cart and my legs spilling over the ledge. Colby resumed pushing the cart as I talked to jake.

"Thea it's me. How dare you steal Colby to Walmart when I needed him to get my happy meals?"

"Happy meals? Multiple?"

"Yes I can eat at least three. Newbie you owe me three happy meals."

"Ok you man-child. If your awake by the time we get to McDonald's I'll get you your happy meals."

"YES! THEA FOR THE WIN!"

Before I could respond to him he hung up. I assume he was excited about getting the happy meals. "You know you didn't have to do that," Colby told me. "I know but he's like a little kid it's cute when he's happy," I said. We both laughed as Colby turned into an isle.

"Get what you need," he said. I looked around to realize we were in the paint isle. I say up and jumped out of the cart to walk around and grab enough paint to have some sort of drawing on each wall. I also grabbed a bunch of brushes.

"Don't you need canvases," he asked. I jumped back in the cart. "Nope. Not at all," I said with a smile. He just gave me a weird look not knowing what I was thinking.