Chance

...

...

...

"AAAH!" They screamed as they fell into the darkness, flailing their arms about, but knowing it wouldn't do anything.

There is always that hope it would, that maybe something would either reach back or keep them away, but there wasn't.

"I thought you were...!"

...

...

"Come on, you can't kill me that easily."

"Shes gone...?"

...

...

They continued to fall, yelling yet again as they continued to plummet downward.

"It's home."

...

"You need to get away from me!"

Their fall would be broken as they dropped into what seemed to be some sort of green ooze. It looked like the same pool that Prime had when chipping the Ranger.

As they sank, covering their mouth and nose with their hands, they could hear his echoed laughter, sinister and vile.

...

...

"You will lead your friends to destruction."

...

"No..." they spoke out, realizing that they could breathe, but the idea of it was still revolting.

They descended farther down as the voices rang all around them, and making futile efforts to stop it.

"What do we do?"

"You can do this..."

...

...

But the surroundings changed again, and the Ranger found themself falling down into a portal-like tear, glowing lavender light all around them.

They shouted and yelled, hearing the overlapping voices.

"Let's end this..."

"DON'T!"

...

"Step away from my daughter!"

...

...

"Y/N...?"

They heard a familiar voice. One they hadn't heard in a long time. But... it wasn't Adora's. Or Solaris, for that matter.

"Y/N...?"

...

...

...

"...Y/N! Wake up!"

Their ears were ringing as they came to, Adora kneeling in front of them as the rest of the crew stood by, concern all over their faces.

"Huh... what?" They shook their head, ears still ringing as Adora's palms rested on their shoulders.

"Are you okay?" Adora grabbed at their face and checked for anything.

...

"I-I'm okay, I promise," they grabbed at her wrists and gently pushed them back down away.

"It was just... a dream. Again..."