Forever Burning

...

...

...

Adora could feel her heartbeat ringing wildly in her head as she sat against the wall within the Crystal Castle. Her surroundings were dark and dim.

She was panting, trying to control her breathing as the pain began to grow worse, beads of sweat rolling down her temple.

She stifled a whimper and wince as Y/N put their hand over the glowing green wound on her right side. When lifted, some sort of green ooze, meant to be Adora's blood in some form, was in their palm.

...

Their eyes widened, eyes glowing once again.

The blonde groaned as the Failsafe began to falter and glitch, changing into the same color at small intervals.

...

Still trying to steady her breathing, though unclear if it would do very much at this point, she looked up at the creature. She couldn't move, at least not without being in agonizing pain.

I failed.

...

As it reared back, Y/N drew their dagger from the holster, and threw it towards the eye of the gargantuan monster, smashing the glass covering it.

It fell back and crashed into the wall with a large THUD.

Adora tried to protest to their sudden arrival only moments earlier.

"Y/N, you can't be here! It's too dangerous!" Her voice wavered as the pain began to settle in. She tried to stand up

...

...

The building began to crumble and shake, debris falling from the ceiling as she tried to take a step. However, her body was growing weaker, and she nearly fell before a familiar face helped her up.

Adora turned, seeing her mentor's face, "Shadow Weaver...?"

...

Y/N quickly leapt out of the way of the creature's tentacle crashing down, tumbling a little, but managing fine.

"Get Adora to the Heart! I'll take care of this thing!"

"Y/N, no!" She urged them not to take it on alone.

...

...

"Don't worry. I'll catch up, okay? Just get to the Heart," they gave her one more assuring look before turning back to take on the creature.

Adora had to run off with Shadow Weaver, despite her protests, "No, no! Y/N...!"

...

...

...

...

...

...

- At the Spire -

...

Glimmer was blasted away by her father's dark magic.

She teared up, "Dad... no!"

Micah had a dark purple to blackish magic pooled in his hands, resembling fire as his eyes glowed that neon green from Prime's control.

...

...

"What's wrong, baby girl?" He mocked, "I've never felt better!" He launched an array of attacks, all of which Glimmer managed to barely teleport away from as some hit the ground with loud crunches into the earth.