Flame in the Mirror

...

...

...

...

...

The clouds covered the sky with a dreary purple, the moon hidden from sight.

...

Various strikes of thunder and lightning could be heard, illuminating the castle.

...

...

Everyone was sitting inside the common room, all appearing to be on edge.

Adora's arm hung over the chair, visibly vigilant, Glimmer standing in front of the lit fireplace.

...

Y/N sat beside Adora, Bow on their left side, arms crossed as they stared down at the ground.

...

...

Glimmer turned around, facing the others.

"I called you all here to discuss what happened today."

Everyone faced Glimmer, all of them looking guilty and upset.

...

"The mission to retake Dryl was a complete disaster."

"We barely made it out."

"I want to know why."

...

...

Bow sounded surprised and almost in complete dismay when he explained, "The Horde knew we were coming; They were ready for us!"

"How do they keep doing this?"

"We thought they might have been tracking Y/N, but they and Adora weren't even there today."

...

Y/N felt a scowl crawl across their face at the mention.

...

...

Ever since what happened with the pulse bots, plus her attitude at the Kingdom of Snows when they were all trying to reopen the supply line, gave them a bad feeling.

"Isn't it obvious?" Mermista chimed, catching their attention.

She slammed her hands onto the table, "There's a Horde spy somewhere in Brightmoon."

Lightning struck right as she finished speaking, Sea Hawk staring in fear.

...

...

Almost everyone was in shock by the assumption.

Especially Y/N, who was uneasy.

They swallowed thickly as she continued.

...

"And no one is going anywhere until we figure out who it is..."

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Pick yourself up once more..."

...

...

...

"Oh, pick yourself up, cause..."