Huntara

...

The sun was brighter than usual, the weather hot as sand blew in the distance.

A nearby spider, lounging on a formation, awaited as a fly went by, extending it's spikes.

...

...

Adora stood on top of a rock, overlooking the land.

"Thanks for coming with me, guys," she hopped down, helped by Y/N.

...

"Of course," Bow assured.

"And the queen is really okay with us taking off? I would've thought a mission to the Crimson Waste would've been too risky for her," Adora wondered.

"Oh believe me, she hates this idea, which is why Glimmer and I didn't tell her where we were going," Y/N rolled their eyes with a smirk.

"Besides, it's not like anyone else has a plan to stop Hordak from opening a portal. You're right. Tracking Mara's message to the source is the best lead we have," Glimmer added while the squad started to hike across the land.

...

"Plus, for an inhospitable desert, this place is kind of beautiful," Bow looked around.

A small little songbird passed by, tweeting.

"Aw, there's even a cute little bird!"

...

The bird rested on the spikes of a cactus before suddenly twitching, turning into ice.

The group shouted in shock as it happened.

"NEVER MIND. THIS PLACE IS TERRIFYING!" Bow squealed, voice breaking.

...

The bird fell and hit the ground as Adora tried to lighten the mood.

"Okay, I know it's scary and dangerous, but if there is something to do with portals out here, we have to find it for the Rebellion."

"And... for me," she looked of to the side, solemn.

Y/N gave her a light, playful nudge as the blonde smiled in relief.

...

Bow was smirking, too, waving his tracker pad around.

"Which way now, Bow?"

"Uh..." he laughed nervously, "So, uh, slight problem... Uh my tracker pad... It's dead."

Ge showed off a small little screen display of Bow's head with X's in his eyes.

...

...

"No worries!" Y/N assured.

...

"Though we're without a map, and the plants are a little less than welcoming..." they mumbled.

"If I can recall, we're coming from up North, so..."

Y/N looked around, noticing a small metal shard on the ground.

...

They walked up to a rock formation, and kicked off the top of it with ease, Glimmer, Bow, and Adora all looking in shock.

"We just have to keep going..." they trailed, rubbing the metal out on the rock, watching it twitch around.

It eventually stopped, pointing diagonally.

"That way. Southwest."

...

...

"Look at you being the team's lead cartographer!" Adora crossed her arms, proud.