Stranded

...

...

Bow was holding onto Glimmer as the ship whooshed through space. Catra, on the other hand, was sitting against the wall, her knees tucked into herself, hiding her face.

Adora turned her head to face the brunette, kneeling in front of her. Having heard shifting, Catra lifted her head, ears lowered.

She looked like she wanted to cry and let it all out. After all this time, fighting against Adora, trying to win, it was over. They both were reunited.

...

...

"Catra...?" Adora teared up.

Catra didn't reply, still in a mixture of shock and sadness. But it didn't matter at that moment.

The next thing they both knew, they were both in each other's arms, locked in an embrace.

Adora sobbed silently, Catra burrowing her head into Adora's shoulder, grasping her tightly, like she would be ripped away at any moment.

...

"Adora... I'm... I'm so sorry. For everything, I..." she stammered.

She was well aware that just apologizing and hoping it would fade wouldn't be an option. It would take time. A LOT of time.

"I'm just glad you're safe," Adora whimpered. She could feel how all those years of separation had affected her.

They had both missed each other so much.

...

...

They didn't separate, just holding onto each other like the world would end if they ever let go. That's how it felt.

When Adora did pull away, Bow had walked away from Glimmer, sitting on a nearby crate with his tracker pad pulled out.

...

...

"Catra," Adora began after a short pause, "What happened back there?"

"Y/N, they... they saved us," Catra started.

"They said they wanted to give Sparkles and I a second chance."

Adora was surprised to hear the reasoning behind it, but, regardless, it still didn't help her understand how it was possible. Were they there the entire time? How could she not have known?

All those questions kept circling in her head, without answers.

...

As Glimmer settled, wearing a solemn expression, she finally broke her silence.

"There's so much I want to say, to both of you, about what happened on Etheria. About what I said. What I did..."

...

"What I mean is..." she tried to reach for Bow's hand, noticing his reluctance and purposeful distancing, "I'm really, really..."

The ship suddenly jerked around, causing Adora and the others to crash and tumble in the bay.

"What was that?" Adora sat there, shocked.

...

...

Catra quickly shook her head, trying to snap out of the short daze she was in after she fell.

"I'll... check on Entrapta," Bow stood, leaving the bay not a few seconds after he made that statement.

Clearly, though he finally felt some sort of relief, he hadn't forgotten about how Glimmer had acted, and what she had done.

...