Flutterina

...

...

...

"So, let me get this right..." Y/N was walking with Bow and Adora through the woods.

It had been a few weeks since their return.

...

"Glimmer is Queen now?"

Adora nodded, "Yup."

...

They put a hand to their temple, breathing out, "Wow... I missed a LOT."

"That's okay. We've been making pretty good progress in freeing the villages, too!" Bow smiled.

"Well, at least something good came out of it..." Y/N added, rubbing the back of their neck, despondent.

...

...

"Hey, don't think like that," Adora rubbed their shoulder, the gray fabric of their new suit wrinkling up.

"Remember what you told me?"

"Bad things will happen, right?"

...

"Right..." they breathed out.

...

...

"But we get back up and we keep going," Adora whispered, then rubbing Y/N's head, messing up their hair.

They giggled a little as she did, and the trio kept walking.

...

Since those two were talking, Bow actually had the time to call Glimmer and let her know that the mission was a success.

So, naturally, Adora and Y/N joined in to check up and fill their friend in.

...

...

...

"That's when Adora turned her sword into a giant spear, skewered a bot, and then used the bot to hit more bots!" He shouted with excitement.

"And then Bow used his slick oil arrow to slip them up, and then right off a cliff," Adora gestured, her arm hanging over Y/N.

"BAM!" They yelled, arms im the air, like the silly little goober they were with those three.

...

Swiftwind's face popped up on the screen, "And I kicked them!"

Glimmer seemed pretty thrilled, "Yes! Get them!"

"But we were totally surrounded. And then..." Adora trailed.

...

Bow pulled out a small, circular device.

"My new surge device worked perfectly. Took out the rest of the bots in one go!"

"And I kicked them!"

...

...

"Amazing! These bots didn't stand a chance against the Best Friend Squad!" Glimmer cheered from within the war room.

But... she was the only one present there. And she wasn't with her friends.

"I really wish I could've been there. At least you'll be back soon, right?" She wondered.

...

"Uh... Soon. Yeah. There's just one more thing we have to take care of," Bow held the tracker pad as they all continued walking.