𝟐:𝟏𝟎 | 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰

"𝑰 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚
'𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆
𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒌 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒓,"

"𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕 (𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔𝒐𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓)
𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Ren watched as Chishiya smirked proudly.

"You teamed up with Banda from the start, and he's a murderer, so it just made sense." Chishiya simply replied, placing his hands inside the pockets of his sweatpants. "Even if somehow you were moved by Banda's little monologue, I knew you wouldn't trust him."

Of course he figured it out. Ren scoffed.

Ren, on the other hand, had just assumed but damn, her assumptions were starting to get better and better.

Although, it made sense.

For Matsushita to be the Jack.

He and Banda had been the most suspicious since the beginning but since Banda was a murderer, Ren didn't really see him as the Jack.

"You don't trust strangers. And certainly not as fast as that." Chishiya continued.

Another door opened a few steps down from where Matsushita was standing and all three turned to look. Chishiya didn't seem phased by it and Ren assumed he had expected the survivor.

"Most people won't even talk to a guy like me." Banda said, the door slamming behind him. "But you wanted to kill me."

I don't want to talk to you either. Ren commented.

She glanced around, expecting someone else to come out. Ren heard only one exploding so there had to be another survivor. Either Banda betrayed Yaba or Yaba betrayed Kotoko. Or, Kotoko betrayed Yaba.

To be fair, she wanted Kotoko to be alive.

Just because.

"I could sense that in you right away," Banda added. "So I wanted to see if you were smart, or just stupid, or whether you were a true psychopath."

"You mean..." Matsushita began, unable to form sentences from how bewildered he was.

"You thought you were controlling me this whole time." Banda stated, taking slow steps toward Matsushita. "But I was manipulating you into thinking that way. Ultimately, it was your huge superiority complex that gave you away."

Aw, they are breaking up. Ren fake pouted. Should've brought popcorn.

"That kind of self-importance usually comes from being put in a special position." Chishiya began. "Something that made you feel untouchable. Like being chosen as the Jack."

"You guys are wrong about this!" Matsushita shouted. "Banda is the Jack Of Hearts."

"Sorry, kid." Another voice said.

Ren watched as Yaba came down from the stairs, mentally cursing that another man had survived instead of a woman.

Oh shit, I'm the only woman here.

Ren looked around the room, surrounded by all those manipulative fucks. They were all hearts players so it was understandable. But Ren, being more on the physical side, did not belong there.