𝟐:𝟏𝟗 | 𝐋𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐖𝐨𝐞

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒓
𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝑰 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅?
~
𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒚𝒛𝒆 𝒎𝒆,"

"𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝒖𝒑 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆
𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒖𝒏𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

"You know it's no use," Chishiya mumbled. "Bandaging me, I mean."

"There is use." Ren replied, placing her bag on the ground and taking out everything she needed. "The bandages will put pressure on your wounds and stop the bleeding. At least, you won't die out of blood loss."

Chishiya sighed, knowing that he couldn't argue with her.

Ren was glad about that, she didn't think she could argue about who was right at that moment. She was terrified that Chishiya might die and she didn't want him to die, thank you very much.

She helped him out of his jacket and then raised his shirt to his neck, cringing at the deep wounds on his upper body. When she made him sit up a bit, Chishiya groaned in pain and took in a shaky breath. Ren tried not to let any of it get in her head, tried to stay focused and not let her worry overlap everything else.

"Look at this," Chishiya commented. "The roles are reversed."

Ren chuckled and nodded.

"Finally my time to bandage you, eh?" She asked.

Chishiya smirked with a small nod.

Ren left the conversation at that, letting silence wrap around them as Ren got the bandaging material ready, checking that it was strong enough. When she was sure of everything, she started to roll the bandages over Chishiya's wounds.

She made sure to put a bit of pressure on the wounds, wanting the blood to stop oozing out.

Chishiya winced from time to time, squeezing his eyes shut. At one point, he subconsciously reached to rest his hand on top of Ren's arm, seconds later squeezing from pain.

"Shit," he cursed.

"Almost done." Ren reassured.

She was used to being this close to Chishiya. After all, he had bandaged her a few times now, being this close wasn't unusual.

Still, it felt different.

Now it was her bandaging him.

Suddenly Chishiya started to cough violently, folding forward and wailing in pain.

Ren's eyes went wide and she immediately moved to hold him, trying to determine what happened only to realise that since Chishiya had moved a lot in the past few minutes, his wounds must have stretched. Now that Ren was bandaging him, he had to move back and forth a bit whenever she had to roll the bandages around his back.

The movements probably made his body paralysed with pain.

"Damn it," Chishiya mumbled, coughing blood and spitting it next to their legs. "That's nasty."

"You get used to it." Ren told him. "Blood in your mouth, I mean."

Chishiya looked up at her with sad eyes.

It was easy to realise that Chishiya was thinking back to the Beach betrayal. It was easy because his eyes filled with guilt and apologies. It was easy because his features softened and his hold on her arm loosened.