𝟐𝟏 | 𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚,
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆
𝑺𝒐 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝑰'𝒎 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚?
𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆
𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚 𝒕𝒐𝒐,
𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆,"

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒔, 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒎𝒂𝒅
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅
𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒅
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝒑𝒔𝒚𝒄𝒉𝒐,
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Ren, Arisu and Usagi made their way down to the third floor of the Beach, walking next to the windows. Kuina said she was hungry so she left for the kitchen. When Arisu and Ren found Usagi, the gamer told them about his meeting with Hatter last night and to say Ren was surprised would be an understatement. That man was really something else.

As they walked, Ren heard the sound of a car engine and it gave her an opportunity to look out of the windows to get some air and think.

"We're off to a game arena!" Yelled Hatter over the loud noise.

He was sitting in the passenger's seat while one of his guards was at the wheel. Every single person in The Beach came to send him off and Ren could see the Militants as well. Niragi was at the edge of a yellow pillar, leaning against it and smirking as if he had the world figured out while the others were spread around in the crowd and at the edges.

"They gathered quite a number of firearms." Usagi said. "It was kept in the deepest room in the annex, and there were patrols too. As long as they have those firearms, Hatter will be in an advantageous position." She added, and when Ren turned to look at her, she had her arms crossed.

"Then we will have to hurry." Said Ren.

"What's the matter?" Usagi asked.

Arisu leaned over the window to check downstairs as well. While he did that, Ren thought back to what had Chishiya said.

"Hatter is trying to keep the Militants in check, but it's only a matter of time before they retaliate." Chishiya began, staring off into the distance. "If that happens, this place will be controlled by the Militants who don't know how to use their brains. Then there'd be no point in staying here." He added, voice confident and sure.

"What are you planning?" Asked Arisu, sceptical.

Chishiya didn't reply for a second and watched the distance. Then, slowly, he said, "I'm planning to steal the playing cards," and he said it so effortlessly, so easily. Chishiya then turned to look at the two and added, "and leave the beach."

Ren turned to look out of the window again.

Leave. Steal.

That's it.

Chishiya's plan seemed good. If they could steal the cards and leave, all of them would be saved and they won't need to enter any more games. Ren could return to the original world and live out her life alongside her two best friends and now, Usagi. Maybe Chishiya, too. They were friends, weren't they? Or at least, they were allies.

The car began to drive below them, the cheers getting louder and louder.

"Gee, they are so fucking annoying." Ren huffed, pushing herself away from the window.