𝟏𝟗 | 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞

"𝑹𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏
𝑴𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒕
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 '𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅
𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅-𝒂𝒊𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒘,"

"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐
𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕 𝑰 𝒅𝒐,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Chishiya saw the whole scene unfold from behind the crowd. He saw the way the three were protective over each other, saw the way Ren was ready to risk her life in order to save Usagi and Arisu and he didn't know if he was amused or annoyed but it. Chishiya even heard most of the conversation and saw that Ren knew one of the militants. He watched Kuina too, and the way she was worried for her best friend.

The problem with all of them, including Ren, was that they were way too emotional to be in this world.

Chishiya was a careless intellectual but Arisu, the one Chishiya planned to include in the plan, was an emotional intellectual and Chishiya could easily see their differences.

"So what do you think about him?" He asked Kuina when Usagi walked in the direction Ren and Arisu went.

"I like him," Kuina replied with a smile, knowing that he was asking if Arisu was good for the plan and Chishiya nodded, satisfied with who he choose to carry on his plan with. "I already told you that though. But I see what you mean, him being smart. I saw him in the act in my game."

"We can proceed with the plan now." Chishiya said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Kuina nodded and then looked him up and down. Chishiya tilted his head to the side in question, wondering what was Kuina thinking right now.

"I knew I recognised the jacket Ren was wearing." Kuina said. "It's yours, isn't it?"

Ah, yes, Ren was wearing his jacket tonight. Chishiya had first found her in the crowd because of her hair but then because of his own jacket. It was zipped and the sleeves were rolled up but Chishiya knew that there were wounds on her stomach. He didn't have to wonder why she had tried to cover it up, Ren was becoming easier to read with each day.

"Maybe." Replied Chishiya.

"I knew you two met since you said so hours ago," Kuina mused. "I just didn't know you were close."

"We aren't."

"I guess," Kuina shrugged. "Ren would have told me about you if you were close to her."

Chishiya, who had been watching the people at the pool, turned to look at her. He knew that what Kuina had said was true the second his eyes landed on hers, Ren would have probably done that.

"What's her deal, anyway?" Asked Chishiya. "In the original world, I mean."

"Can't say." Kuina replied simply. "You'll have to ask her yourself."

Chishiya scoffed but nodded anyway. He would have, he supposed. But that was a plan for the future, Chishiya right now had to get to the meeting room since he was an exclusive member as well.

He sent Kuina a quick nod of goodbye and walked towards the way the others had gone, knowing that he would arrive before all of them, anyway.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════