𝟎𝟖 | 𝐑𝐮𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐛𝐛𝐢𝐭, 𝐑𝐮𝐧, 𝐑𝐮𝐧, 𝐑𝐮𝐧

"𝑹𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏,
𝑹𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏,"

"𝑩𝒂𝒏𝒈, 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒈, 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒈, 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒈
𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝒈𝒖𝒏,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Okay Ren's legs were in fact about to give up.

They hadn't been running for too long as they had only just passed 6,000 but it has gotten darker, they had gone deeper into the tunnel that no lamps were surrounding them. The only things Ren could see were empty cars scattered all around the tunnel, dark lines of shadows and the participants behind her.

Her legs were moving, running, carrying her body while her mind had frozen. It was terrifying. It was terrifying that she had to run not knowing if she was actually doing the right thing. Could you imagine? Just going out to meet your close friend and the next thing you know, you have to kill and run in order to survive?

When she asked for freedom she didn't mean a town without rules and games that kill.

"This place is kind of dark." Mumbled Seizan.

"This is tough. This is more like a Spades game than a Clubs game." Yamane commented.

Ren used to be good at running once but that went in the drain when Ren had to focus more on doing ballet. Sure she did parkour but she enjoyed climbing, jumping from one place to another more than running. She's still good at running, she supposes. She just lacked more strength.

Her legs felt as if she was in a dream where you can't run even when you try to. They felt as if she was stuck on a line track and just ran in place but the phones reminded her that she was moving.

As Ren ran, she could see light at the end of the crumbled-up cars. There were at least twelve cars crumbed around thirty feet away from them. As far as Ren could see, there was a darker shadow standing in front of them. She wouldn't have been so scared and cautious of it since she had seen a lot of shadows pass by her but this one, the one that seemed to be staring right back at them, looked very much alive.

"Something's there." Ren mumbled, stopping her run to adjust her eyes.

"There's nothing." Arisu commented, stopping as well as everyone else.

"No, something's there." Usagi agreed.

Everyone turned to stare.

Ren saw movement again. It moved slowly and carefully, a shadow forming into a being, and then into an animal. She narrowed her eyes, leaning a little to make sure that yes, what she saw were the yellow eyes of a black panther.

The panther leaned its head and began to run towards them.

"Run!" Ren shouted, pushing Arisu towards the way they came from as Usagi and the others were already running away.

"𝑹𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏
𝑹𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒕, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏, 𝒓𝒖𝒏,"

Arisu screamed and Yamane screeched as they ran past the cars. The panther was really close behind them and Ren's stomach flipped, growing worried and terrified. She's always loved animals, they were always fascinating to learn and watch but she would have never wanted to be chased by one of them.