𝟎𝟎 | 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆
𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅
𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕,"

"𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔,
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕
𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Murakami Ren was wearing white at her father's funeral.

There were around twelve people who had attended. All wearing black with pitiful expressions. Four of them had carried the casket and the same four had buried it. Their tuxedos had a little bit of dirt now but none seemed to care seeing as they were too stunned.

Ren, whose hair was long black with blue dye underneath, was wearing the whitest dress she owned. Luckily for her, seeing as she was a ballerina, she had quite a pair for this very ceremony. It had been a struggle, really, to find the perfect dress and perfect shoes for this moment. Not only had she been excited about this ceremony, but she had also danced to her music on her headphones all the way to the graveyard.

Everyone's eyes were on her. Ren could see their shocked expressions and eyes filled with disbelief.

In her hands, Ren was holding a bouquet filled with yellow Carnations, Petunias, and Aconite. She knew flowers were supposed to be thrown before the casket was buried underneath the dirt but she had a better idea. Instead of burying the flowers that represented hatred and anger, she decided it would be best if they were thrown right on top of the grave. On top of the buried casket with all the pitiful roses.

People started to murmur around her as she made her way towards the grave.

When she made it right at the edge, Ren threw the flowers on top of the uneven ground and clapped her hands together, trying to remove the invisible dirt on them. The people around her gasped, some even shouted at her, telling her how inappropriate it was. She ignored them all.

"I hope you rot in Hell, asshole." Ren said lively.

Ren didn't wait to hear what the others had to say. Instead, she leaned a bit down and spat on her father's grave.

With the gasps of the attendees and their shocked expressions, Ren slowly turned towards the uneven path and walked away. Her hands crossed over her chest and a smile on her face. The top of her hair was in two ponytails and the rest of it was left untouched. The wind was blowing both her bangs and dress. It didn't matter, she planned to change as soon as she was in the car, anyway.

When she made it to the said car, Ren released a long sigh. She gripped the door handle and closed her eyes. It had finally happened. She was finally free. Ren was finally free from the hands of her abusive father. She had waited and waited, spent years after years begging whoever could listen for this very moment and finally, finally after god knows how many prayers, it became reality. Ren didn't have to dream of this day anymore, didn't have to make a scenario of it. The day came, and it happened.

She was free.

Ren opened her eyes slowly, unlocked her car - her father's car - and climbed inside. There was a bag of clothes in the backseat and she reached toward it, taking it in her hands and beginning to unzip the zipper. She wanted to change out of the dress as soon as possible.