𝟏𝟒 | 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝟐

"𝑯𝒆𝒚 𝑮𝒐𝒅, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝑬𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒂 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚
𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒔𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆, 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚,
𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒓
𝑪𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏, 𝒐𝒉-𝒐𝒉,"

"𝑺𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈,
𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔, 𝒐𝒉-𝒐𝒉
𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒂
𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉
𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅,
𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Ren's eyes met Chishiya's eyes.

Oh... shit.

Chishiya didn't even seem phased that she was his partner. Had he realised before the night had fallen? Was she that obvious? Questions kept spinning in her head, trying to grasp every little detail as Chishiya narrowed his eyes and nodded towards the quiet woman.

We are killing her. Chishiya mouthed, lips not even making a sound as he did.

Ren, for a second, forgot what the hell she was supposed to do. Right. I'm the Mafia too and Cheshire is my partner. She couldn't help but feel relieved. Chishiya was smart and cold-blooded, he was a great partner to have in this game. But then her eyes widened. He could kill her if he chose to. He would still win. The only way Mafias lose was if the citizens figure them out.

Why her? Ren mouthed back, trying to keep her anxiety at bay.

Chishiya only shrugged as if to say 'you will see' before looking at the cameras and nodding towards Sanae.

Ren did the same, agreeing with Chishiya's decision and lowered her head, seeing Chishiya's shadow do the same. She didn't know why had Chishiya chosen Sanae, she didn't do much in the game anyway. They should have chosen one of the businessmen. They were trouble and they would kill anyone they wished even if they weren't the Mafias. But Chishiya is smart, Ren reminded herself. He must have a plan.

"The Mafias have chosen," the game announced. "Doctor, please choose someone to save."

There was complete silence as Ren waited. Her eyes hurt from how much she was squeezing them but she didn't care. She just wanted the game to end.

"The doctor has chosen." The phones announced. "The day has arrived."

With that, everyone slowly raised their heads and took a look around each other, no one knowing who was going to get shot except for Ren and Chishiya. For that matter, Chishiya even managed to fake a bit of fear when looking around.

Woah. Ren commented. He's good at faking it.

Ren decided to play with her dress-up shirt, twirling the hem of it and tapping her foot on the ground in hopes of looking anxious.

It wasn't like she wasn't anxious anyway.

The game said that a Mafia can kill their partner and would still win. Chishiya had chosen to kill Sanae instead of Ren but what if he was waiting for the last moment or the next round to kill Ren? Even if Ren chooses another player to die, the game would still kill Ren because Chishiya chose her. Chishiya was witty and emotionless, she doubted he wanted her alive.