𝟐:𝟐𝟐 | 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 (𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐤 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭)

"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔
'𝑻𝒊𝒍 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂 𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒕
𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒏𝒐𝒘,"

"𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒏
𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕
𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒏
𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Ren's steps were messy as she climbed out of the elevator, eyes wild and heart beating fast.

She didn't even have to ask a nurse about Arisu because that fucker was sitting in one of the waiting halls with a can of Coca-Cola in his hands. His eyes were unfocused and he seemed to be lost somewhere in his head.

"Arisu!" Ren shouted.

Arisu raised his head and stood up, eyes wide as he took long steps towards Ren.

Before she knew it, Arisu was wrapping her in a hug, his body shaking almost as if he was starting to cry.

Ren hugged him back.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Arisu mumbled in her hair, tightening the hug. "I was really worried."

"I'm glad you're okay, too." Ren said.

Unlike Kuina, who Ren could see every day after waking up, she wasn't able to see Arisu at all. She had to ask the nurses how he was and what he was doing, and she had to gather information from the workers.

"Are you okay?" Asked Arisu, parting from the hug.

"I think so?" Replied Ren.

But her voice was shaky and her lips were trembling. She was trying not to cry but seeing the forming tears in Arisu's eyes only made her hold on her own tears loosen.

Damn him.

"That's good?" Arisu replied, using the same tone as Ren.

She chuckled shakily.

"How are you?" She asked.

Arisu looked down, his body trembling.

The sun was setting, Ren had been going around the hospital for hours now so it didn't surprise her to see the night arriving. What surprised her was how pretty the sunset was.

The hall fell into a short silence as the sunset arrived and disappeared.

Ren couldn't stop thinking about how she had last seen Arisu right before the final battle. She wasn't able to see him during it or after it. Hell, she didn't even know how had Arisu and Usagi finished the Queen Of Hearts game. What did they have to do? How did they survive?

Ren had so many questions.

And yet, she couldn't bring herself to ask.

"Karube and Chota..." Arisu mumbled, voice painfully slow.

"Died from the meteorite?" Ren asked.

Please say no. Ren begged silently. Please tell me you remember exactly how they died, please tell me you remember the Borderland and its horrors.