𝟎𝟑 | 𝐓𝐚𝐠, 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐈𝐭

"𝑹𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒕
𝑯𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑
𝑻𝒂𝒈, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕, 𝒕𝒂𝒈, 𝒕𝒂𝒈, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕,"

"𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏
𝑻𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉
𝑻𝒂𝒈, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕, 𝒕𝒂𝒈, 𝒕𝒂𝒈, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒕,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Ren spent the first four days of her
visa suffering from the aftermath of seeing dead people.

Two had died in front of her in the span of a few hours. First, that child that got shot from the sky and then that woman. Even if Katomi had been mean and degrading towards Ren, she still felt bad. And let's not even mention the mess of organs and body parts scattered on the floor. Ren had been having nightmares of that scene for the past four days.

But how did the lasers know? Whoever was controlling this whole place must have had cameras to see, right? And if not, how the fuck did the lasers came to be? She was sure that this wasn't the Tokyo she had walked around four days ago. Maybe she had been teleported or some other crap. And on top of that, how did the game know if someone cheated or didn't? There have to be cameras but when Ren actually searched the streets, she couldn't find any.

Even though she didn't know much about this new world, she had taken the playing card that was offered on the white table. To elaborate more, after exiting the tower there had been a Seven Of Diamonds card on the table where previously the phones had been on. Ren didn't know what it meant or why was it there but she took it and kept it hidden in her backpack. You never know, maybe she would need that one.

One thing that seemed to work in the city was the water. Ren first discovered that when she went into her bathroom to check for water and the sink actually turned on. She then took a really long shower and washed away the blood and grim. Ren even washed her new red zip-up hoodie.

On the fifth day, Ren decided to stop moping around and actually get a grip on the new world she had found herself in.

Ren was hoping when she went to sleep in her house that she would wake up to the real world but to her disappointment, that obviously didn't happen. She also decided to find a different place to sleep in seeing as if there were other people like Katomi, with that attitude and shit, she was worried she won't be safe. This world also didn't seem to have any rules or a government and outside of games, everything could become a total mess.

She didn't want to die in a ruthless world, thank you very much.

And so, that very same day Ren found another game venue and pretended to enter. She was cautious not to step over the lasers and waited for other participants.

When they arrived, she pretended it was her first game and kept asking everyone what was happening. They had all passed the lasers except an old man who was standing next to Ren as if waiting for her to cross over. Ren didn't but the man didn't seem to mind as he started to explain. He told her that he had some time since the game hasn't started yet.

The man's name was Tomoya and he told her that no one knows how they got into the Borderlands or why they are there. He had witnessed his children dying because of the visa since they didn't know what it meant and that if they didn't play they could die. Ren felt horribly bad about the man but he told her that he planned to live for them. Tomoya then explained how he had been in the Borderlands for two weeks and had managed to get into games mostly with Clubs and Diamonds.