𝟐:𝟎𝟕 | 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

"𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏
𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅
𝑺𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒐𝒇𝒇,
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏,"

"𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉
𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒕
𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒆,
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Ren watched as Urumi, the woman with the blue dress, slowly made a circle around the room, gathering people to join her team.

I wonder who will be betrayed first. Ren thought.

There were around twenty minutes left of the hour since the first forty minutes people just asked around and tried to get to know each other. Ren talked to Ippei mostly, ignoring Chishiya's presence as much as she could.

Ren was pleased that she could read Ippei that easily and knew that she could trust him. At first, she was sceptical of him because what if the Jack Of Hearts pretended to be shy and kind like that? What if Ippei was the Jack Of Hearts? But then after they talked, Ren shrugged the thought away.

"Hey." Urumi said, placing her hands behind her back and looking at Ippei. "Do you wanna join our team? No pressure or anything." She smirked at the end.

Definitely no pressure. Ren scoffed.

"It's not that I don't want to." Ippei said, glancing at Chishiya.

Chishiya who had filled that boy's head with so much unnecessary shit.

"Okay." Chishiya said. "We will join your group."

"We?" Ren hissed, turning to glare at him.

"Yes." Chishiya nodded. "We."

Ren rolled her eyes and cursed him out. Ippei looked scared to join the group but Urumi seemed pleased with that and walked away, her new followers right behind her. The woman with the brownish shirt asked the one with the glasses to join and he agreed as well.

When Ren had been scanning the room while people formed teams, she decided who to trust and who not to.

Ippei was trustworthy for sure.

The rest of them?

No.

Ren even considered Chishiya but shrugged it off, if he betrayed once, he'll do it again. Ren wasn't going to trust him. She did, however, keep looking at him. Ren was now sure that Chishiya cared for Kuina because of the way he spoke about her. When he asked where was she, Ren could see the worry in his eyes and it shocked her.

At least one of her questions was answered.

Chishiya cared for Kuina.

Good, thought Ren. I don't have to strangle him.

"So I'm gonna go first, okay?" Urumi said, turning around to show her collar. "I hope you'll give me the right answer."

She was standing inside the half-circle table with everyone on her team in front of her. Ren and Chishiya were still in the same place as before. Ren didn't trust Urumi at all, that enthusiasm wasn't anything normal to go by. Even though Ippei was in the group, too, Ren knew she was going to ask only him about her symbol.