𝟏𝟑 | 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"𝑶𝒏𝒆, 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒏
𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚,
𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓?
𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒔𝒊𝒙, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔,"

"𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆, 𝒕𝒆𝒏, 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕
𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏
𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆,
𝑰 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

𝙄'𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙟𝙪𝙣𝙠 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙛𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙤𝙡𝙡.

"Do you want a friend? Of course, it's lonely to be alone." The girl says. She's standing in front of the window as a golden glow shines inside the room. Her voice is soft and small, and it has always been that way. She's towering over me, watching me attempt at making a doll. "I'm sorry." She apologises as if she did something wrong.

𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙩.

The girl crunches down on my level, her golden eyes sparkling with many of the emotions I am not able to discover about her. Her bangs and hair stay the same since the first time I saw her, they never grow longer and she never grows taller or older. Since time had stopped, since time didn't exist here, neither did the definition of getting old or growing. She was stuck in time and space.

𝙄 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙞𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙮.

She picks up a piece that had fallen out and places it on the top of the doll, checking it out carefully before smiling softly at me. She looks like a young child lost in the woods, someone who had made the woods their own home and with a soft voice she said, "let's give it a try." Referring to the doll I tried making. "Even if it may not work." She adds, twirling another metal inside a hole with her fingers, screwing the loose metal before making a small nod. "It's done." She whispers, falling onto her back with her hand on her stomach and the other one stretched horizontally.

I look at the doll. It has pointy big ears that look like a crown's hat with two points, long arms and legs and a body formed of a cube. The parts of its body were in different colors as it was mixed from different scraps to make one. The girl still lies with closed eyes as if she had used all of her energy and couldn't move anymore as she watches me tilt my head to the side, my left ear swirling in circles in the process.

After she seemed okay, we both stand at the end of the house as I clap my robotic hands in front of me, the way the girl had done when she taught me to walk. The girl is sitting on her legs while the doll I made sits at the other end of the house, unmoving. I clap and clap, hoping that the doll I made would get up and start walking towards us. I know the girl looks at me with sad, apologetic eyes, I know she feels sorry for me but I keep clapping hopelessly.

Clapping and clapping until my hands stop by themselves and I stare at the doll with confusion and hurt as the girl wraps her arms around my head, whispering a soft, "I'm sorry." And I can hear tears in her voice without even needing to look at her eyes to know that she's crying. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." She keeps saying, each word coming slower and sadder. Each word comes smaller and smaller.