𝟐:𝟏𝟔 | 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 (𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮)

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑰
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑰
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝑰
𝑫𝒐 𝑰? 𝑫𝒐 𝑰? 𝑫𝒐 𝑰? 𝑫𝒐 𝑰?"

"𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖
𝑰 𝒅𝒐, 𝑰 𝒅𝒐, 𝑰 𝒅𝒐, 𝑰 𝒅𝒐,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

I return to the house to see the girl.

She's sitting below the window, head lowered.

When she sees me walking closer though, she raises her head and I can see the tiredness and sadness in her eyes.

"Welcome back." She says weakly. "Were you out there picking up junk again?"

I don't reply.

Instead, I stop next to her and put the junk on the ground. The girl spreads her arms, inviting me in a hug and I don't decline.

I let her hug me.

"I can tell it's cold just by touching you." She says and I shake my head. She tightens the hug and says, "I'm so sorry I can't do anything to help."

I take a step back and she looks at me sadly.

"Oh?" She mumbles. "Are you leaving? But I want you to stay here with me."

I feel sadness in me and I've never been able to feel it this much. I don't know what's happening to me but I'm sad and it hurts.

But I have to.

I have to leave to finish the machine.

"Please!" The girl begs. "Please don't leave me alone."

𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤. 𝙄𝙛 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙞𝙘𝙚.

She can't move anymore.

The girl is getting weaker and she started to hide inside the house, trying to avoid the coldness.

But it's not helping.

She's still really cold, I can see it.

𝙋𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚, 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜.

I close the door behind me and the strong winter wind pushes me a bit back.

𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩.

Snow is starting to cover the ground, I can still see a bit of the golden grass but it's almost gone. The snowflakes keep falling and I see no lights anymore.

They haven't been here for a while.

Maybe they were scared of the winter?

𝙄 𝙠𝙚𝙥𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩.

𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙛𝙡𝙮.

𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙙 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙.