𝟐:𝟎𝟎 | 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒄𝒂𝒈𝒆
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆
𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆,"

"𝑫𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅
𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕?
𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖? 𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

THE NEXT STAGE START

The sky was covered in clouds today and a chill yet soft breeze caressed nature and the five people standing before the building.

The once busy town, the bustling city full of life, stood abandoned before them and they could do nothing but watch. Trash was on the ground, too, and it was weird, they weren't used to seeing their town look this... trashed. Besides the said trash, the empty cars and random food in them weren't anything new. Except that now it just felt indifferent. They were used to seeing their town like this and yet, they were amazed each time something normal happened in the Borderland.

Normal for the Borderland, that was.

Not in the real world.

The next stage, eh?

Ren cocked her head to the side, arms crossed over her chest. The visible bruises on her body seemed to bring her an ugly type of nostalgia and she wondered how long before she finally starts to break.

When she looked down at herself, her eyes caught the little dirt that had gathered on her sneakers.

Ren, when Arisu and Usagi were sleeping, went to the nearest park and made a small grave for her lost friend. She knew that the grave would be lost in the original world but it felt so wrong to not give Nagisa a grave. She deserved at least that much. Plus, Ren had found some fake flowers and placed them over the grave, wanting the flowers to stay with Nagisa forever.

There was no body inside the grave, of course, but Ren had to do it.

It was eating her alive.

The screen hasn't yet changed. Noted Ren.

After Mira's announcement, the five found the nearest building and slept there for a few hours before waking up with the sun. Ren, Arisu and Usagi were a floor away from Kuina and Chishiya but Ren couldn't find it in herself to care.

When they were all woken up, they walked for a few short minutes and found themselves back at Shibuya crossing.

Ironic how that place was one of the busiest places in Tokyo.

Now it just stood empty and cold.

Ren sighed and tugged at the sleeves of her shirt mindlessly, trying to find something to pass the time. She was wearing the same clothes as yesterday since they all barely slept. It wasn't ideal to sleep after that psycho had announced that there was a second stage.

She bit her lip and looked up at the sky. At least, the sun was hidden and she wouldn't have to worry about doing games with the sun trying to turn her into a fried chicken.