𝟐:𝟎𝟏 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

"𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒄𝒆𝒕 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒖𝒃,"

"𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆
𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Chishiya somehow managed to get himself behind a car, hiding alongside Kuina.

The two crossed paths minutes ago and immediately decided to hide behind a car which was ironic, considering how Chishiya had taunted those people who had hidden behind a car and died right after.

He was starting to become really ironic lately.

Kuina grumbled something next to him, looking over the car and trying to spot danger. Chishiya though, he couldn't pay any attention, his mind was on other things.

Letting go of Ren on that street was Chishiya's second biggest mistake.

First was betraying her.

Chishiya had been trying to talk to Ren, to explain his own doing better and get her to at least understand or something. He didn't know why he was even trying that hard, he wanted to laugh at himself because he sounded like he was fucking begging.

Which he wasn't.

But if Chishiya could criticise himself, then he would take the chance.

His attempts at talking to Ren went in vain because that stubborn woman didn't even want to listen to him. Didn't even give him a chance to speak and Chishiya knew he deserved it.

Hell, he deserved so much worse.

And yet, and fucking yet, the way his heart clenched every time Ren was cold towards him made him want to rip his chest apart.

These emotions were new to him, Chishiya never tried to analyse them or care for them. They came suddenly and left him bruised without knowing it. Despite being good at his own emotions, reading and confronting them, Chishiya couldn't do that to these new ones.

And Ren was the one to blame.

"Do you think they are okay?" Kuina asked.

"Probably." Replied Chishiya.

Kuina sighed, closing her eyes.

Chishiya didn't know how to comfort so he just sat there and let the silence do its work.

Out of all the mistakes he had done, taking Ren's hand and running together wasn't one.

He knew very well what he was doing and why he was doing it, he couldn't blame it on anyone for that. It had been him that wanted to do it and like the stupid fuck he was, he pushed her to the side to protect her instead of pulling her towards him. If he had done that, now she would have been hiding with the two.

And protect her? Really?

Chishiya scoffed at himself.

Ren's hand was warm compared to Chishiya's cold one.

And he wanted nothing more than to stay like that a bit longer. He cursed himself, snickering at how stupid that sounded.

Ren despised him.