𝟐:𝟎𝟗 | 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭

"𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒏
𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒏
𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆,"

"𝑰 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆
𝑾𝒆'𝒗𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔
𝑬𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Ren stared at the sweets in front of her, not being able to eat any of them.

It had been around thirty minutes since Ippei died and Ren couldn't get the image of his dead body out of her head.

She did everything she could, she tried to reassure him, tried to comfort him. Ren wanted that boy to survive, he was too kind to die. But even when she talked to him before the announcing of symbols came, Ren saw that he had given up.

Ren still tried to change his mind but it didn't work.

Hearing the exploding even if she expected it, Ren's heart still squeezed in pain. For a second, she had hoped that it was someone else since they were all in the same hall.

But then she walked to Ippei's cell and saw him there, lying unmoving.

Like the fucker she was, even after promising to not befriend anyone, Ren still let herself get close to Ippei. They weren't exactly friends, sure, but Ren had wanted him to stay alive until the last moment. She had hoped to see him after the game and maybe later find him in the original world.

Fuck the Borderland.

Fuck everything at this fucking goddamn point.

Ren reached towards the M&M's and forcefully ripped the side open, watching as a few of them fell on the ground before taking some in her mouth. Dawn was seeping from the windows, making a soft yellow hue inside the cafeteria and lightening the once-dark places.

Her music was still loud in her ears and her heart was still beating too fast for her own liking.

"Ah, interesting." Chishiya commented.

Chishiya was sitting next to her with his back on the table and hands in the pockets of his sweatpants. When Ren turned to look at him, she saw him watching Matsushita who had just walked into the cafeteria.

Ren watched as he grabbed his biscuits because apparently he was fucking obsessed with them. Like, that's almost all he ate. He then slowly made his way towards Matsushita and Ren turned off the music, taking off her headphones and waiting. She wondered what Chishiya wanted, what he was going to say.

Fucking asshole.

I wanna strangle him to death.

But Ren also needed a hug. From Arisu or Kuina, it didn't matter. In fact, she missed them.

"These cookies taste better." Chishiya commented.

Ren watched as Matsushita turned to look at him. He was standing next to the pile of cookies that Ren had seen him and Kotoko take. She had already figured something out about it, she knew what they were choosing wasn't an accident.

She had also noticed a lot about Banda and Yaba.

Which made her realise that they weren't the Jack. Sure, they were both quite psychopathic and crazy-looking, but that was it. They were just empty and ugly inside.