𝟏𝟐 | 𝐌𝐚𝐝 𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

"𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆
𝑶𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒔𝒆
𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒍𝒆,"

"𝑺𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑, 𝒔-𝒔-𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑,
𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑, 𝒔𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑
𝑰𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑, 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑,
𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑, 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒑,"

─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────

Chishiya woke up along with the raise of the sun and was on the rooftop by the time Kuina joined him.

The rooftop was their meeting place in the mornings because most of the Beach members were dead asleep during that time of the day. Kuina wasn't a morning person either but when it came to forming the plan, she managed to wake up early and meet Chishiya.

"I assume you already reunited with your best friend?"

"Oh yeah," Kuina nodded. "Talked all day and shit, you know?"

And Chishiya knew.

He knew because turns out the Ren he knew was Kuina's best friend. On top of that, her room was right across from Chishiya's room. Chishiya yesterday had been looking out of the windows, trying to fully wake up when Kuina's shouting took his attention. He had peeked from the little peephole only to see Kuina and Ren hugging and talking.

So of course Chishiya listened. If they didn't want anyone to hear, why were they talking in the hallway, right?

Ren had cut her hair which surprised Chishiya, he wasn't going to lie. That had been why he didn't recognise when the militants brought her in The Beach. He couldn't say he wasn't expecting it though because she seemed quite annoyed at her hair whenever she was in a game.

Chishiya remembered the first time he saw her.

She had been walking next to that climber, Usagi, before the game and then caused that whole scene with her other best friend. When the game started, Chishiya immediately knew his strategy and went to the highest floor. From there, he could see everything and observe. Plus, it was less likely for him to get killed up there.

It surprised him when he saw Ren climb up on the terrace, he didn't expect anyone to go up there.

Despite immediately seeing that it wasn't her idea because she hesitated for a second before answering why she was up there, he was amused that she had actually found the strategy quite good. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been up there if she didn't believe it wasn't a good plan even if it wasn't her idea.

But then she opened her mouth and that shitty attitude spilt from her lips and Chishiya found himself both entertained and annoyed. She always had something to say, always had a curse word for every situation and always seemed to roll her eyes. Although being like that, Chishiya still seemed to entertain himself with her snickering and remarks. She wasn't a bad company per see, rather, she was an overwhelming company.

Then she had figured out the safezone right when Chishiya had and left to inform her teammates. It wasn't a game for teaming up but she had teamed up with people anyway.

Chishiya had taken the stairs, worried the elevator might expose him to the Tagger and by the time he arrived where the safezone was, Ren and her friend, Arisu, were already there. Chishiya had acted like his normal self, satisfied that he had found the safezone and would be out of the game with no scratch.