Chapter 72: Hangout Part 2

Max's pov

We went upstairs to set up the monopoly on the dinner table since we were going to be lots of people. It would be me, El, Dustin, lucas, Mike, will, Nancy, Robin, Steve and Jonathan. Since it happened we invited Nancy, Steve and Robin we invited Jonathan as well.

As the boys were bringing all the board games from the basement as well. El and I were getting cups and drinks. "it looks like we're setting up a birthday party or something" el said giggling.

"True" I said giggling agreeing. I was putting chips on bowls so we can eat. El grabbed the cups from the cabinet. She opened the fridge to get the drinks.

Suddenly the bowl I was holding fell on the group. It made a loud sound. Thank god it was a plastic bowl. El turned around to see what happened quickly. We just stared at each other and at the bowl for a split second processing what just happened.

"I accidentally dropped it" I said. "I noticed" she said giggling, so did I. "You almost gave me a heart attack" el said. "Sorry my love I didn't mean to" I said making her giggle. She smiled. We locked eyes, just smiling at each other.

"What was that sound? Did max bump on the cabinet again?!" I heard Mike yelling from the basement. El raised an eyebrow. "Did you die?" I heard lucas saying. "Are you okay did any of you get hurt? " Will asked.

"No, uh I dropped the bowl" I said back. "Oh okay!" they said. "Did you bump on the cabinet before? When? " she asked giggling. I nodded. "Uh a few months ago, you weren't there. We were waiting for you to arrive, I came to the kitchen to get water and I bumped and hit my head on the cabinet because I left it open and forgot" I said.

"how did that happen?" she asked. "Well I was clearly blind and I was thinking about you" I joked but I wasn't joking. She laughed. "Yeah sure" she said. "No for real, believe it or not I was thinking about you" I said laughing. "What were you thinking?" she asked.

"I was excited to see you I guess" I said. She smiled. "aww that's cute" she said giggling. We stared at each other's eyes again. I was about to lean in but Mike's mom appeared. "Oh hey, I'm here to get something" Mike's mom said. We nodded and went back to what we were doing.

Then Mike's mom left. I noticed el struggling to open the ice tea. I walked there. "Let me help" I offered. She passed me the drink. I struggled a little but I quickly managed to open it. She blushed and smiled. "There you go my love" I said with a funny accent. "thank you darling" she said playing along laughing.

This time el leaned in. I kissed back resting my hand on her cheek as she wrapped her arm around my waist pulling me closer. "Oh sorry-" we heard Will's voice. We pulled away quickly. "No we're sorry" el and I said. He giggled.

"Don't worry about it lovebirds it's just a kiss. I'm not dramatic like the others" he said smirking making us laugh. "Thank you William" el said trying not to laugh. Will hates his full name. I mean who likes their full name.

Will's smile faded. "Oh you're dead Jane!" will said jokingly attacking el. El laughed. He started tickling her. It's her weak spot. She hates when people tickle her. "stop! Will seriously-I'm gonna tell Joyce-" el said through laughs.

"Will stop attacking my girlfriend!" I said laughing. I jokingly mocked her and started tickling her as well for fun. I do it as well, it's pissing her off but it's fine. "Max?! You too-traitor!" el said. I finally stopped. Will kept doing it though. "Alright enough Byers" I said giggling. He finally stopped.

"My stomach hurts from laughing, I blame you two" el said giggling. "that's what you get for calling me William" will said. "why did you attack me?" el asked me.

I just giggled. "For fun?" I said. El gave me a death glare but couldn't hold it for long. She smiled and rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright I'm gonna get water" will said. The boys walked upstairs.

"What was all the laughter" Dustin asked confused. "They're bullying me" el joked. Mike dramatically grasped. "How dare you" Mike said making us laugh. "My own girlfriend and brother" el said acting annoyed. "Maxine and William why would you do that to el?" Dustin asked.

He knows we hate our full names so he knew what he was doing. We glared at him. "Okay I'm sorry I'm sorry" Dustin said getting slightly scared.

He was probably scared cause last time he called me Maxine 5 times in a row to annoy me I may have grabbed his favourite hat and threw it out of the window, landing in the bushes. "Fine" I said.

*a few moments later*

El and I sat down at the diner table. So did the others. We were talking about random stuff. We then heard a knock on the door. A familiar one. It was Robin's knock. She made her own rhythm for some reason.

Mike stood up and opened it. Robin and Steve appeared. "Hey!" they both said. "Hey" we said back. They sat down with us. Robin walked over and sat down next to us. El was on my left and Robin on my right. "Hey red" she said messing with my hair. Again. I sighed annoyed. "Stop messing with my hair!" I said annoyed.

Robin laughed. "Sorry" she said. "Hey el" she said. "hi" el replied. After a minute Nancy came as well. I noticed it because suddenly Robin froze as I was talking to her. I frowned and looked at Nancy and realised why she wasn't no longer listening to what I was saying.

I smirked. "oh hey Nancy" Robin said. "hi Robin" Nancy said. Nancy walked over and sat down next to Robin. The boys sat across us. So did Steve. Nancy and Robin started having a small talk. El and I looked at each other and smirked.

1048 words. To be continued!
Hi!