Chapter 16 : Talk With Joyce And Hopper

El's pov

I kept thinking about max last night and everything that happened. The way she kissed me was so intense. The best feeling in the world. The way she makes me feel is so good...

but it's that feeling when you're like extremely happy to be around a girl but then remember that people will hate you for genuinely being happy with a girl.

Hopper said he wants to talk to me including Joyce this morning... I'm so scared, I know hopper supports me but I still have that terrifying feeling in my chest.

And it will never go away, in this world being gay is scary, I never understood why people don't like people like me. I guess it's the way it is. All I know is that I want to be with max no matter what.

Not that I can just magically brush my feelings towards max just because the world doesn't accept it. I would rather people hate me than living a miserable life without the one I love, who is max.

I finally decided to get up. I brushed my hair, brushed my teeth. I was about my bedroom doorknob, hesitating. I took a deep breath. It's gonna be okay el, you can do it. Hopper loves so probably so does Joyce.. Right?

I finally opened it. Will was still sleeping. I walked downstairs. I saw Joyce and hopper drinking coffee on the kitchen counter. "hey" I quietly awkwardly smiling slightly. Their faces light up when they saw me for some reason.

"oh! Good morning el, how did you sleep?" Joyce asked. "good" I replied. I made cereal and joined them, sitting down. "so el, I already told Joyce what happened" hopper said.

My heart sank. I looked down nervously. "I'm so proud of you sweetheart" Joyce suddenly said resting her hand on top of mine. I looked up surprised. "for what?" I asked quietly as she smiled softly. "for standing up for max, it's so sweet of you, i completely support you el, no matter what, okay?" she said smiling as I nodded, relieved.

"y-you don't hate me?" I asked as she frowned. "w-what? No, of course not" she said. "aren't you disappointed?" I asked looking directly to hopper. "no, I'm not why would I be?" hopper asked.

I shrugged. "you know, like every parent is imagining their daughter marrying a nice man.. have a kids.. when I can't do that" I said looking away ashamed.

Joyce and hopper looked at each other frowning. "el... of course you can get married, and it's okay if you don't have kids, or adopt, this is your choice which is too early to think about" Joyce said laughing a little at the end,makimg me laugh too.

"yeah obviously" I joked as hopper laughed. "the point is el..." hopper started saying and caressing my hand gently

"it doesn't matter who you like, my goal as a parent always was and always will be is my girl to be happy, no matter how or what.. I know you don't believe but I'm being completely honest el" hopper softly said making me cry.

"thank you.." I managed to let out through sobs as they both stood up and hugged me.

Will's pov

I woke up and saw el gone. I brushed my teeth etc and as I overheard Joyce, hopper and el chatting downstairs. They were talking about el and max. It was so cute. I didn't want to go there and ruin the moment so I just sat on the top stair and listened.

I got a bit emotional to be honest. Knowing that my mom and hopper are supportive is the best thing in the world. That's what I've been scared of. But I'm not ready to come out yet.

Plus it might be a little shocking find out that both of their kids are gay but yeah, no matter how supportive they are of course it was shocking to them at first, which is reasonable.

Max's pov (the same morning)

I woke up. I walked downstairs and ate cereal. Mom was still sleeping, Billy was there as well so I joined him. "good morning" he said. "good morning" I said back.

We started eating in completely silence. "Im proud of you" Billy suddenly said. I stopped eating. "what?" I asked not sure if I heard him right. He swallowed and cleared his throat ready to speak again.

"I said I'm proud of you, it must have been hard all those people last night finding about your sexuality that fast and at the same time, how many people were there?" he started and pushed to think.

"me, mom, el, hopper, will, Steve, Robin, Neil plus lucas knows but wasn't there, damn 9 people? that's a lot.." he said raising his eyebrows in disbelief.

"umm.. Thank you I guess... it all happened so fast to be honest" I said. "yeah, at least you didn't get to be in that hard position to tell 8 people each" he said.

I frowned. "yeah, I don't include hopper because obviously, I don't think you would tell him, especially privately" he said laughing. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"and I would tell privately to the others?" I asked as he shrugged. "wait-who of us wouldn't you tell us for sure?" he asked. "why are you asking all those questions Billy? We barely talked before" I said.

"we did talk-" he said as I raised an eyebrow. "okay not all the time but yeah" he said. He stared at me waiting for an answer. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"fine. I would definitely not tell you, mom, Neil, el, hopper-look I don't know who I would" I said. "okay okay, but why not me?" he asked offended.

"because you're my brother? And my family were the most scaring ones obviously" I said. "I guess" he said. "I want to ask her to be my girlfriend today but I'm nervous" I said fidgeting with my hand while eating.

"why? You and el literally just kissed last night" Billy said confused. I sighed. "yeah I know, but what if she didn't mean it, what if she felt bad for me because I'm in love with her and kissed back What if she doesn't want to be with me, what if she's scared or ashamed to-" I said.

"woah woah woah, slow down max, all these are nonsense, of course she would say yes-" he said but cut himself off for some reason. He gasped and smirked as I stared at him in confusion.

"did you just say 'love'?!" he asked shocked, smiling like a little boy. I realised and froze, my face was probably as red as my hair. I gulped. "um-i-" I stuttered. "okay-that is so cute" he said smiling.

"okay-first of all, since when are you soft and gentle" I asked changing the subject. "I'm not-im just happy for my sister" he said as I smiled in awe. Who would believe that Billy hargrove would be a supportive step brother? Crazy right?

"do you need help?" he asked as I looked at him. I nodded. "great, tell me your plan" he said excitedly. "I was thinking to buy her flowers of course, her favourite candy and chocolate, a Teddy bear and maybe on a sign" I said smiling at the thought.

"you've got money for that?" he asked. "yeah, mom gave me some money last week to buy clothes but I didn't waste them and I would love to spend them on el" I said. He smiled.

"okay, that's so romantic" he said smirking
obviously mocking me. "shut upp" I said punching his arm as he laughed. "okay, dress up we're going to the store" he said standing up. "wait-you don't mind?" I asked. "nope, I decided to be a nice brother today" he joked as I rolled my eyes playfully.

1367 words. To be continued!!
I already wrote chapter 17 and I can't wait to post it and for you to read it tomorrow, because I already posted 2 chapters today!! The next chapter is cute in my opinion :)