Chapter 60: Robin&Max

Max's pov

It was the next morning. My mom woke me up. "You're gonna be late for school! Get up max" Billy said. My mom already left for work so Billy drives me there. groaned. "Five more minutes" I whined. "No you have to get up now" she said. I opened my eyes. I groaned.

I looked at the time. "why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I asked. "I did but you didn't get up!" he said rolling his eyes. "I'm not gonna sit here and wait for you to wake up I stayed downstairs and waited, I thought you did. You told me you were but apparently you lied" he said.

"obviously i was sleeping" I said. "well it's not my fault now hurry you've got 5 minutes or I'll leave without you" he said. "fine hold on" I said standing up quickly.
I quickly put on whatever I had in front of me.

I wore a black hoodie, blue sweatpants with my vans. I quickly brushed my hair,not so good though cause I didn't have time to. I also brushed my teeth and then we left.

*at school*

I was like 2 minutes before the bell rings so I barely made it. The boys and el were waiting in the entrance as usual. El noticed me first, the boys were busy talking to each other. She waved at me excitedly. I waved back as I was walking towards her.

She hugged me when i got there. I hugged back. "You're late what happened?" lucas asked once the others saw me as well. "I just couldn't get up" I said. "I got so worried I thought you would leave me alone" el said dramatically making me laugh a little.

"You wouldn't be alone, you've got us!" Dustin said offended. "I do but I like max more" el said making them gasp. "anyways-" she said cut then started laughing. I frowned confused.

"what?" I asked. "Your hair!" she said through giggles. "oh. Yeah I didn't have the time to make them look good" I said laughing along.

Damn it, I forgot that Billy have had his car windows wide open to smoke and it messed up my hair even more. "here I'll help" she said. She started fixing them a little until the bell rang. "here I think it's better now" she said smiling.

"thank you my love" I quietly said making her laugh slightly. We went to class. We had biology. A girl was talking to the teacher as we waited patiently for them to finish. "Guys she won't let us do the secret santa now so we'll ask the science teacher on the second period" the girl said annoyed because the biology teacher refused.

Plus we didn't want to do biology so it was an opportunity but we sadly have to. We all groaned. Science isn't the best subject but Mr. Clark is amazing and everyone loves him so he makes the class interesting.

"are you gonna participate in the secret santa?" I whispered to el. She nodded. "you?" she asked. I nodded. Then the class started. She was a good teacher but strict and her lessons are always boring so I almost fell asleep again.

El keeps me awake though. She doesn't want me to miss lessons or get a detention,for my own good she says. I mean she's right but I want to sleep. I see Dustin and lucas laughing at us.

They always do when el wakes me up because they say she's acting like a mom so they like to mock us. "Maxine, could you tell us the answer please" the teacher suddenly said. I may not have been sleeping but I was day dreaming.

"Uhh-" I said looking at my book trying to think of the answer. I told her the answer and surprisigly it was correct. I was zoned out but I listened at times for some reason. She seemed disappointed that I've gotten it right.

It was the second period. We asked Mr. Clark and fortunately he agreed. A girl started writing all our names down, the ones who wanted to participate of course. It was my turn. I've gotten a random girl. Thank god it wasn't a boy or Angela or something.