Chapter 39: Nick

El's pov

"max, you have a visitor" max's mom said as she got in. Max and I looked at each other confused. It was nick.. That stupid guy that likes max. Why is he here???

"oh.." I heard max mumble under her breath. "hey nick, uh...why are you here?" max said. He was wearing a white shirt with black jeans holding a bouquet of flowers. Even flowers? I felt my blood boil from jealousy.

"hey max! Oh um, I came to visit you. Your friends at school told me you woke up so I wanted to come see you. I know it's kinda late since it's been like 3 days but I wanted to give you some time with your friends and stuff" nick said.

"how cute" I murmured. Only I could hear it though. I believe max did as well because she looked at me trying to hold in her laugh. Oops

"um, these are for you" nick said walking closer to max giving her the flowers. I didn't realise I was glaring at him because he looked at me confused. "oh.. thanks you didn't have to" max said.

He smiled. "um.." he said and looked at me. What does he want? "can I talk to max? Privately?" he asked. I got even more mad.

"why?" I asked. "just to talk to her? You're el right? Max's best friend?" he asked nicely but I was far away from nice. Deep down I feel bad for being mad. He seems like a nice guy but I don't want max to fall for him. He can go find someone else.

Max and I looked at each other. "uhh she's-" I said but trailed off. Max interrupted me. "um, yeah, we're best friends. El and I are best friends" max quickly said. My heart broke. I know she had to but..still.

I looked at her with pain in my eyes. She looked back at me with empathy. There was a silence for a second. "um-" max started. I stood up. "okay.. I'll go" I said. I was angry but tried to hide it.

Max's pov

Something weird happened. That guy nick suddenly came to visit me. Dustin says he likes me but obviously I don't like him. I don't even like boys and even if I did I would never choose anyone else than el. El is the only one I want. The girl I'm in love with. She seemed upset and mad. I felt had but its not really my fault.

I didn't want to talk to him. I once just ignored him. I can't ignore him now. What do I say? Hey leave? "can I sit?" he asked. I nodded. "how are you feeling max?" he asked me.

We've said a word to each other like once why does he act like we've known each other for ages or something. "I'm feeling better" I said. He smiled. "that's great to hear.." he said. "I'm really happy you got out of coma, I was really worried about you. I know you don't give a shit about me but-I wanted to talk to you. To see you.." he said smiling.

It was so awkward. "it's not that I don't give a shit about you nick-it's just, I don't even know you, you know?" I said. He frowned. "but we're in the same class" he said. "I know we just barely talk but I appreciate you coming here" I said smiling. I didn't want to be rude but at the same time I wanted him to leave.

"yeah.. Oh um, these are for you!" he said giving me the bouquet of flowers. "oh.. Thanks you didn't have to" I said. He smiled, grabbed my hand and tried to kiss it.

I pulled my hand away quickly automatically. "sorry.. I-I don't feel the same way.." I said. "why-why not?" he asked disappointed. I gulped. "trust me, it has nothing to do with you. You seem like a great guy but I just don't like you, I'm sorry" I said.

"oh.. okay, I've liked you for a really long time I just didn't know how to tell you" he said. "um, look-I don't want to sound mean but I truly don't feel the same way. You deserve someone better anyway" I said forcing a smile.

"but, what if I don't want better? You're.. literally the girl of my dreams-ive never met anyone prettier than you" he said smiling. I was cringing hard inside. Cause.. Boys

"well, I'm sorry I can't give you what you want. You'll find someone I know it" I said. "but-" he said but someone bursted in.

*meanwhile*

El's pov

I want outside so max and nick can talk. I felt so jealous, upset and mad. I sat outside. Suddenly I saw Billy walking towards me. He came back. "oh hey el, what are you doing here outside? Why aren't you with max?" he asked. I sighed.

"some guy nick from our class came to visit her so I got outside so they can talk" I said quietly but my face was probably red from anger and jealousy as I was holding back tears. "oh.. do you want me to get rid of him?" he asked smirking.

I laughed. "yes but no? It's fine, I don't want to be jealous but I am. I'll be fine" I said. "it's fine, it's completely normal to be jealous plus I'll go in there because max probably feels uncomfortable" he said.

"she probably likes him now-he even brought her flowers" I said sadly. "so did you, you've done so many things for her. She loves you so obviously she would never leave you trust me. Did you forget the fact that she likes girls? Because I don't think it's an easy thing to forget to be honest" he said laughing making laugh slightly as well

989 words. To be continued!!