Chapter 42: Nick Part 3

Robin's pov

"what the-" Steve said walking in. We both Nancy and I froze. "i-" I started. "Okay.. That was kind of unexpected.. But like, I could tell Robin has been into you but I never thought Nancy would-" Steve casually said.

"are you mad?" I asked. "look, she's my ex Robin" he said. "I know.." I said. "but that doesn't mean I will stop this.. There's nothing I can do. And you two deserve to be happy.." he said. "you don't hate me?" I asked. "no, I could never hate you" he said smiling.

I sighed relieved. "thank you" I said. Nancy just stayed quiet listening to the conversation. "I'm not mad at you too Nancy" Steve said. She nodded smiling.

He smiled and was about to walk to the kitchen but Nancy stopped him. "hey Steve-" she said. He turned around. "yeah?" he asked. "just.. Can you please not tell anyone.. At least not yet?" Nancy asked.

Steve looked at me. "yeah, of course" he said. Nancy smiled. Once Steve left Nancy and I smiled at each other.

Will's pov

*at school*

We had lunch with the boys as usual. We did miss max and el though. It's not the same when even one person from the party isn't here. Nick showed up at our table as we were laughing.

We all stopped talking and looked at him. Mike rolled his eyes. "what do you want?" Mike asked. "oh um.. I just wanted to ask how max is going? Can I go see her?" nick asked.

We all looked at each other. "No-" Mike started but I cut him off. "Hey nick, look, max really truly appreciates your concern but she doesn't feel the same way as you, I'm sorry." I said. Everyone looked at me surprised I spoke.

"I'm not giving up on her! She's the girl or my dreams and.. Only I can treat her better, maybe she just had a toxic ex and doesn't want to be in a relationship but I can make her happy-" he said. I looked at lucas. I guess nick doesn't know max and lucas had a thing before.

"Okay-trust me, she just doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. It doesn't have to do anything with you-she told you herself"i said. "no! There must be a reason for her to reject me like that! I'm not mad at her I'm just confused, don't you think I deserve to know the reason I'm being rejected?" he said. I swear this guy..

I looked at the others hoping someone will help me. "trust me nick.. Don't pressure her or anything.. You're a good max, she just doesn't feel the same way, it's that simple" Dustin said. Suddenly nick gasped making us confused.

"does she like any of you? Or anyone" he asked. We looked at each other. "No, she doesn't,just let it go nick. Just because she doesn't want to be with you, it doesn't mean she likes someone else. She just doesn't want to be a relationship at the moment jeez" Mike said getting annoyed by the second.

"I don't care, I want to know.. Maybe I have a chance. How do I know you're not lying to me?maybe one of you have a crush on her and try to protect her or yourself?"he said.

"none of us like her nick! And she doesn't like anyone at the moment! We're just her friends so stop making scenarios for absolutely no reason, get over it. I'm done playing nice, respectfully, fuck off nick! I get that max is attractive but that doesn't mean she likes you!" Mike said losing his patience.

I'm surprised he held in this whole time not gonna lie. Because Mike is so impatient most of the time. Nick was speechless. "whatever." nick said walking away.

"god! That guy is getting on my nerves and he's pissing me off!" Mike said. "same" we all agreed. "Mike it's okay.." I said. "it's not okay will, he's so stubborn! He'll never stop until he gets max or the answer! Max will have to tell him the truth because he's stupid" Mike said.

He's right. She can't just say hey I'm a lesbian, that's why I don't like you. Poor max..and el of course. I can't imagine how jealous el is right now.

El's pov

It was the next day. Someone familiar came to visit max.. Again!!! It was nick. Why the hell won't he leave us alone. I'm just afraid max will leave me for him. I can't stand him at all.

"can I talk to max?" nick said standing in the doorway. I looked at max. "no, if you want to talk, I'll stay here" I said. I finally managed to talk back at him. Max looked at me and smiled.

He frowned confused. "but I wanna talk to her privately" he said. "well, El won't be leaving the room, sorry nick. If you want to talk to me, do so" max said. I was relieved max didn't want me to get out of the room.

He nodded disappointed and clearly mad and sat down. "so.."he started. "I know you rejected me.. I just-I would treat you quite well, and I want to be with you.. I'm seriously in love with you.. I've never felt this way with anyone else max-" he said.

Same nick but fuck off, I thought. "nick.. I don't feel the same I'm sorry" max said again. "why? I think I deserve to know why-" he said. "Why's that?" I interrupted. "hey, this is about me and max, don't get involved please" he said

I was furious. My face was probably red from anger. "why not? I didn't ask you to be here, max clearly doesn't like you back! Why are you so desperate" I said. Max looked at me proudly. I didn't know I could talk back to anyone.

I'm always like shy and can't talk back to people. Something happened to me I guess.. I was so jealous that I would do anything to be with max. I want her to be mine.

"I agree.. Can you just let go nick?" max said. "is there another guy? I think I deserve to know why I'm getting rejected, I don't understand, you say I'm a good guy but then reject me" he said.

"because I just don't want to date you!" max said annoyed. "is there another guy?" he asked again. I want to kill him I swear.

Max looked at me. "you don't have to know, who said you have to" max said avoiding the question. Nick looks like the guy you can't trust. At first, we thought he would drop it. But he didn't.

He just keeps asking. "yes I do!" he said. "just do it" I told max. It was impossible to convince him at this point. Apparently he's soo in love that made him crazy.

Max looked scared. So was I. I was mostly mad. "I just don't like.. Boys" max finally said after taking a deep breath. He froze. He was in shock. He just stared at max in shock. "oh.." he just said quietly.

1207 words. To be continued!! :)