Chapter 64: Cinema Hangout

Max's pov

The rest of the day has been the same. Nick was staring at me every period. I could tell he wanted to talk to me. He tried to but Mike and the others gave him a death glare so he didn't.

"Wanna come over after the cinema?" el asked. "we can't have a sleepover again though it's a weekday and we're so lucky they even let us! I don't even know how" el said giggling.

We had art class but we were waiting for the teacher to arrive so everyone talked to their friends and stuff while waited. "of course I want to!" I said smiling. "Hey you guys didn't forget about going to the cinema right?" Dustin asked standing in front of our desks.

"No Dustin we didn't forget" I said. "Great!" he said. I thought he would leave but he instead stole a pencil from my pencil case. "Hey give that back!" I said trying to reach his arm to get my pencil back but he backed away laughing

"Aww are you two a couple?" I heard troy saying laughing. "No we're not we friends or are we not allowed to?" Dustin said. Troy scoffed.

"Of course you're not a couple, who would want to date maxie? Look at her hair she literally looks like carrot!" troy said making his friends laugh.

"Don't say that again!" el snapped. Woah I wasn't expecting that. Troy looked at el confused because el never usually talks. "Awww I'm sorry did I insult your little bestie" troy mocked. I sighed.

"or little girlfriend" troy whispered. "shut up troy they're not together" Mike said trying to be convincing. Nick looked at me again. "I won't say anything" he mouthed. Um okay then. I frowned and nodded.

"Suree I don't care you suck anyways" troy said. "says who" el Muttered under her breath. "What did you just say brownie?" troy said. That was El's nickname to mock her. "nothing" el said annoyed.

Woah that was badass. Troy walked towards us, El actually who was next to me. Dustin got in front of troy before he does anything. "I'm not gonna kill her jeez" troy said laughing. "Get away from her" I said calmy but angrily.

I was enough mad today I didn't need troy as well. "Or what?" troy said. "Alright man cut it off" nick suddenly stood up and came over to us. Bruh what? "are you seriously defending them? Look at your face, I heard that this carrot Dyke here slapped you" troy said laughing.

"so what? I deserved it so get away what you're doing is childish" nick said. Says nick? Is he for real right now. What he suddenly changed. Nah he just pretends to care. So he can kiss me again or something. Try to ruin my relationship just because he thinks I'm bi and not a lesbian.

The fact that he thinks he could change me disgusts me,like no. I'm not gonna change. El is all and who I want. And then they wonder why I don't like boys. Nick and all of them are the great example.

I'm not saying every guy is an asshole but most of them are. At least at my school. Some are nice but I just can't like boys. That's it. Why can't nick understand such simple thing.

Yes he's desperate, 'in love with me' and still tries to be with me. But why hasn't he told anyone yet. A part of him must understand me. Even a little bit.

"yeah? Why did you deserve it?" troy asked. Nick rolled his eyes. "it's none of your business? Who are you to ask me? Why do you want to know everything all the time? You're not the king of school or something, get a life" nick said.

He turned around to leave. He grabbed nick by the shoulder turning him back around. "don't you dare say that again! You are nothing! I'm popular and you're just a stupid kid who likes listening to music all the time and thinks he's cool" troy said.

"oh yeah? Really? Well I don't give a shit, I'm not in the mood to deal with a kid" nick said. "Why did the carrot slap you? Are you afraid to say?" troy said mocking.