Chapter 25: Hospital Part 2

El's pov

I was so nervous. The doctor informed us that they were doing the surgery to take the bullet out of her. I've never been this stressed.

The hospital asked for our friends to leave since they were too many people. I mean they're not wrong, we were so many. "What? No way, not until we're sure max is okay" mike said.

"Kid.. I understand your concern but we h be rules here and you're too many people. We have other patients too. I let you stay this whole time i think it's best you go home and Mr.hopper will inform you" the doctor said.

Mike sighed and nodded. "Is she staying too?" the doctor asked me as the others were leaving. It was hopper, max's mom, Billy and I

"yes" hopper simply said. "oh..okay" the doctor said. "she's my daughter so yes doctor she's staying" hopper said. I love that he calls me his daughter and not a adopted daughter now.

"Okay..you can go now chief, her mom and brother is here so its best only family members stay" the doctor said. My heart skipped a beat. There's no way I'm leaving max.

Hopper and max's mom made eye contact not sure what to do. "I'm sorry doctor is it okay if we stay, my daughter is.. Max's best friend and she's worried" hopper said.

"I'm sorry chief but only family members, hospital's rules, you can definitely visit her at any time tomorrow and the rest of the days if you want, you can't stay the night here" the doctor said.

"What if I only stay? Please" I said. I barely talk to people because I'm extremely shy but I didn't care at that moment. They all stared at me. "I understand you're worried about your friend but I'm afraid-" the doctor said.

"It's fine doctor, can they stay with us. I promise only us four doctor, my dad just got in jail and these two helped us. Please" Billy calmy but desperately said. The doctor didn't say anything for a bit. He then slowly nodded.

"okay.. But don't let them all come again, if max's friends want to visit at any time, they should come separately so there won't be a lot of people in here" the doctor said. "yes, of course" max's mom and hopper said.

I sighed relieved. I couldn't believe me leaving max alone. I want to be next to her wait for her to wake up. I'll be by her side no matter what.

The doctor then left. We were again sitting down waiting for further news. Mike offered me something from the vending machine earlier but I wasn't hungry. They've been telling me to eat all day. I was just not hungry.

Hopper and max's mom came back from the hospital's cantine. I still didn't want to eat. "el..you have to eat. You hadn't eaten anything today" hopper said.

"I'm not hungry" I quietly said. They all looked at each other as they slowly nodded clearly disappointed. The doctor finally came back.

He said that the surgery was successful. I sighed relieved. We thanked him. Now we just have to wait for her to wake up. I can't believe this.

I wish she was here with me. To hug me telling me it's going to be okay. But it's not. I lost her. I really hope she wakes up. I don't know what I would do without her. I seriously don't. I love her..

I waned to go to the bathroom. "Where's the bathroom" I quietly asked. I could feel myself breaking down again. "oh um, I think I know" Billy said.

"you walk straight that hall and then it's on your right" Billy said. I nodded and thanked him. I walked into the bathroom. No one was in there.

I just got into a stall and cried. I was letting all my pain out. I was trying to cry silently. After about 5 minutes someone walked in. Why can't people just leave me alone and cry. At the same time, I needed someone.

It was Billy? What is he doing here. "Hey.. I know I'm not supposed to be here but pretty sure the hospital is quite empty right now" he said. He knocked on my stall.

"can I come in?" he asked. I opened it. How could I say no. I didn't really have a choice. He sat down next to me. We sat in silence for a while.

I looked up seeing tears streaming down his face. We were both crying. "I'm sorry about my dad..God I hate him" he quietly said. "same.. he's been abusing you right?" I asked. He nodded. "I'm sorry about that" I said.

"it's okay.. Now he's in jail. Max is okay. We just.." he said, then sighed. "we just have to wait" he finished. "I can't wait.. I need her" I said. He looked at me. A few tears fell again.

He hugged me. "I'm sure she will, max is strong" he whispered. "she is.. She is" I whispered crying, still hugging him.

"you know.. She loves you.. A lot, she's always talking about you. You can't imagine how happy she was when she was getting ready to ask you to be her girlfriend... she was nervous too because she wanted to make it special. She loves you el" he said.

My heart melted. "I love her too.." I quietly said. "alright I think we should go back. They're probably getting worried. She'll wake up, I really hope so and I believe she will make it. The doctor said it's not that serious and that it would take a few days" Billy said.

"yeah.. I know" I said.

961 words. To be continued. I'm sorry I haven't updated in this story😭