Chapter 10 : Because I Love You

El's pov

Mike left the store. "hey, are you okay?" Steve asked. His face was as red as a tomato. I nodded. "thank you, you didn't have to do that Steve" I said.

"oh please someone had to, that boy is pissing me off daily" he said as Robin slightly laughed. "it's not funny, I had been dealing with these kids for years Robin" he said. "oh come on, we're not that bad" I said laughing

"well you're the most quiet one" he said. "um-ill go home" I said. "you need a ride?" Steve asked. "it's fine-I'll walk" I said kind of embarrassed because I didn't actually have a ride home.

"walk that far? Why? No way" he said crossing his arms like moms do. "well-Mike took me here with his bike so.. yeah, can you take me?" I asked. "of course let's go, Robin cover me up alright?" Steve said as Robin nodded.

I was about to leave but I ran to hug Robin. I wanted to thank her, I don't know what I would have done without her. She hugged back. I smiled at her and walked away. "I stole one of your kids harrington!" Robin joked yelling as Steve rolled his eyes. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

*later at home*

I thanked Steve and got inside. "oh hey el I made your favourite-" Joyce smiling greeted me but stopped. Shit, was my face still red from crying? "woah, what happened honey?" she asked walking towards me worried.

"what? I'm fine" I said faking a smile. She frowned. Obviously she knows something's up. "el.. you can talk to me" she softly said. "I-I'm fine Joyce thank you" I said. I really wanted to talk to her but I couldn't.. I can't just go say 'oh hey I like girls and I'm upset because Mike's an idiot'.

"are you sure?" she quietly asked. "yeah.. I just don't want to talk about it" I said. She slowly nodded. I walked up to my room.

As soon as I closed the door I started crying. I leaned against the door, with closed eyes as a few tears fell. I forgot that I was sharing the room with will so he was there.. Shit. "el? What happened are you okay?" will asked standing up quickly walking towards me.

"what? Yeah I'm okay" I said trying not to break down. Why did I cry again, why? I already cried enough. He sadly stared at me obviously knowing that I was lying.

"el..?" he asked quietly. That look, empathy. I stared at him. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I started crying as will immediately pulled me into a hug.

"hey, it's okay" he whispered, wrapping his arms around me protectively. "it's Mike" I quietly said afte pulling away.

"oh.. What did he do?" he asked, kind of scared, worried? I don't know. "I broke up with him and.. he got mad" I said. "did he hit you?" he asked with wide eyes. I frowned confused. "what no?!" I said.

He sighed relieved. I was confused. "the way you said he got mad I thought you meant that he got mad and hit you-" he said as my eyes widened. "no will, jeez" I said. "sorry" he whispered.

"why did he get mad?" he asked. I stayed quiet. Should I tell him? No he's gonna tell hopper and Joyce. "el?.." he asked.

"I-I can't tell you" I said regretting it. I mean he wouldn't drop the subject either way. "el..you can talk to me" he said. "you'll tell hopper and Joyce.. Or everyone if I tell you" I admitted. "I won't.. I promise" he said smiling.

"I-I like girls" I whispered. "oh..." he said. What does 'oh'  mean. Is he mad? Upset, does he hate me now, will he treat me differently now? "is that why Mike was yelling at you" he quietly asked looking down. I nodded. He began to look worried for some reason. "who-who do you like? Is it max" he asked. "who else?" I said as he nervously laughed a little.